Oregon State vs. Utah: Full Game Preview
|Oregon State||R Nelson 17.8||E Moreland 10.5||J Burton 3.5|
|Utah||J DuBois 12.0||J Loveridge 6.7||J DuBois 3.0|
On Thursday, Oregon State heads to Jon M. Huntsman Center to take on Utah. It takes place at 9 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN U. The Beavers defeated the Utes 82-64 on Feb. 6 and are 3-0 against them over the past four years.
Oregon State is tied with Utah for 10th in the conference.
The Beavers fell 85-75 to Oregon on Feb. 28. Roberto Nelson finished with 31 points in the loss. At 17.8, he paces the team in points per game. For the Utes, Jarred DuBois finished with 22 points in the 84-66 loss to Stanford on Mar. 3. With 12.0 points per game and 3.0 assists per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
- Oregon State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Oregon State is 215 lbs compared to 204 lbs for Utah.
- Corvallis isn't as congested as Salt Lake City (population is significantly lower).
- Oregon State has a better overall winning percentage over the last five years (47.0 percent to 43.9 percent).
- Roberto Nelson is ranked 4th in the Pac-12 in points and 9th in the Pac-12 in three-pointers.
- The Oregon State assist leader (Joe Burton, 102 assists) has more assists than the Utah assist leader (Jarred DuBois, 80 assists).
- Oregon State is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Oregon State is 77.5 inches compared to 76.2 inches for Utah.
- A for effort, but Oregon State has emerged victorious against Utah the last three times they've played.
- The Oregon State three-point leader (Ahmad Starks, 62 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Utah three-point leader (Jarred DuBois, 34 three-pointers).
- The Oregon State scoring leader (Roberto Nelson, 516 points) has more points than the Utah scoring leader (Jarred DuBois, 325 points).
- Oregon State has an average margin of victory of 14 over Utah in four wins since 1982.