|Binghamton||J Reed 16.7||J Reed 9.6||J Gray 3.3|
|Stony Brook||J Warney 12.2||T Brenton 8.7||T Brenton 4.9|
Binghamton meets Stony Brook in the quarterfinals of the America East Tournament at SEFCU Arena on Saturday. It takes place at 6 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN3.com. The Bearcats fell to the Seawolves 73-47 on Feb. 12 and are 4-7 against them over the last four years. Binghamton is struggling, currently on a 10-game losing streak.
In their last game on Mar. 3, Taylor Johnston put up 16 points for the Bearcats in a loss to Maryland-Baltimore County, 59-49. He is putting up 5.9 points per game while also averaging 2.6 rebounds per game. For the Seawolves, Tommy Brenton finished with six points and seven rebounds in the 75-70 win over Albany on Mar. 3. He puts up a team-leading 8.7 rebounds per game, 4.9 assists per game, and 1.6 steals per game.
Stony Brook has a statistical edge over Binghamton in two specific areas. The Seawolves have an advantage over the Bearcats when it comes to assists, 12.5 per game to 8.3 per game. Additionally, Stony Brook has an edge over Binghamton in scoring, 68.3 points per game to 56.1 points per game. Areas of strength for Stony Brook include: defensive rebounding percentage at 73.6 and turnover percentage at 18.6.
Stony Brook StatSmack
- Binghamton has a stronger schedule than Stony Brook this season (SOS Rank: No. 216 vs. No. 265).
- Since 1998, Binghamton has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Stony Brook (one vs. zero).
- The Binghamton scoring leader (Jordan Reed, 450 points) has more points than the Stony Brook scoring leader (Jameel Warney, 353 points).
- The Binghamton three-point leader (Jimmy Gray, 64 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Stony Brook three-point leader (Anthony Jackson, 47 three-pointers).
- Jordan Reed is ranked 3rd in the America East in points and 45th nationally in rebounds.
- The Binghamton rebounding leader (Jordan Reed, 258 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Stony Brook rebounding leader (Tommy Brenton, 252 rebounds).
- Binghamton has an average margin of victory of 7 over Stony Brook in 15 wins since 2000.
- The Binghamton basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Stony Brook (100 percent vs. 57 percent).
- Binghamton has a much better Kiplinger In-State Ranking than Stony Brook (No. 6 vs. No. 25).
- Binghamton has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Stony Brook according to Kiplinger (70 percent vs. 45 percent).
- Binghamton is better under pressure, and has defeated Stony Brook in six out of the last eight games decided by five points or fewer.