|Connecticut||S Napier 17.1||D Daniels 5.2||S Napier 4.6|
|South Florida||V Rudd 11.8||V Rudd 7.0||A Collins 6.2|
On Wednesday, South Florida takes on Connecticut. Tipoff occurs at 9 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN U. The Bulls fell to the Huskies 69-64 on Feb. 3 and are 1-4 against them over the last four years.
South Florida is in 14th place in the conference, Connecticut is in seventh place.
In their last outing, behind 19 points and eight rebounds from Toarlyn Fitzpatrick, the Bulls defeated DePaul 83-73 on Mar. 3. He leads the team in blocks per game with 0.9 while also putting up 10.4 points per game. For the Huskies, DeAndre Daniels finished with 18 points and eight rebounds in the 61-56 loss to Cincinnati on Mar. 2. He leads the team in rebounds with 5.2 per game and blocks with 1.4 per game.
Connecticut has a statistical edge over South Florida in a single key area, scoring, where the Huskies have the upper hand over the Bulls, 70.8 points per game to 59.4 points per game.
- South Florida has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Connecticut ($26,507 vs. $38,462).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? South Florida currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (948 to 889) than Connecticut, per the NCAA.
- The South Florida assist leader (Anthony Collins, 167 assists) has more assists than the Connecticut assist leader (Shabazz Napier, 125 assists).
- South Florida is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on South Florida is 215 lbs compared to 200 lbs for Connecticut.
- The South Florida basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Connecticut (50 percent vs. 31 percent).
- Anthony Collins is ranked 25th nationally in assists.
- The South Florida rebounding leader (Victor Rudd, 188 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Connecticut rebounding leader (DeAndre Daniels, 146 rebounds).
- South Florida players are more experienced than Connecticut players (15,552 minutes played vs. 13,684 minutes played).
- South Florida has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Connecticut ($15,698 vs. $21,998).
- Toarlyn Fitzpatrick is ranked 10th in the Big East in three-pointers.