Kansas vs. Baylor: Full Game Preview
|Kansas||B McLemore 16.5||J Withey 8.6||E Johnson 4.9|
|Baylor||P Jackson 19.1||I Austin 8.9||P Jackson 6.4|
Baylor hosts No. 4 Kansas at Ferrell Center on Saturday. It takes place at 6 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN. The Bears lost to the Jayhawks 61-44 on Jan. 14 and are 2-6 against them over the last four years.
Baylor is in sixth place in the conference, Kansas is in first place.
The Bears were defeated by Texas 79-70 on Mar. 4 despite 22 points and eight assists from Pierre Jackson. He leads the team with 19.1 points per game and 6.4 assists per game. For the Jayhawks, Jeff Withey finished with 22 points and nine rebounds in the 79-42 blowout of Texas Tech on Mar. 4. With 8.6 rebounds per game and 4.0 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. Kansas ranks second in their conference in effective field goal percentage at 52.9, which also places them 37th in the country.
- Brady Heslip is ranked 3rd in the Big 12 in three-pointers.
- The Baylor steals leader (A.J. Walton, 52 steals) has more steals than the Kansas steals leader (Travis Releford, 36 steals).
- The Baylor assist leader (Pierre Jackson, 187 assists) has more assists than the Kansas assist leader (Elijah Johnson, 147 assists).
- Baylor has a stronger schedule (including future opponents) than Kansas this season (Projected SOS Rank: No. 17 vs. No. 29).
- The Baylor scoring leader (Pierre Jackson, 555 points) has more points than the Kansas scoring leader (Ben McLemore, 494 points).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Baylor currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (956 to 1000) than Kansas, per the NCAA.
- The Baylor three-point leader (Pierre Jackson, 73 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Kansas three-point leader (Ben McLemore, 57 three-pointers).
- Cory Jefferson is ranked 3rd in the Big 12 in rebounds and 50th nationally in blocks.
- Pierre Jackson is ranked 24th nationally in points, 2nd in the Big 12 in three-pointers, 13th nationally in assists, and 4th in the Big 12 in steals.
- A.J. Walton is ranked 7th in the Big 12 in assists and 3rd in the Big 12 in steals.
- Isaiah Austin is ranked 3rd in the Big 12 in rebounds and 5th in the Big 12 in blocks.
|C-||A. White III||6||2||1||0||0||0||1|