|UC Irvine||D Starring 13.5||W Davis II 6.4||A Young 4.2|
|Pacific||L McCloud 11.4||T Fulton 3.9||L McCloud 4.0|
On Thursday, UC Irvine visits Spanos Center to take on Pacific. It takes place at 10 p.m. EST. The Anteaters beat the Tigers 68-59 on Feb. 20 and are 4-5 against them over the last four years.
UC Irvine is in third place in the conference and has an opportunity to gain ground on second-place Pacific.
The 16 points and seven rebounds by Adam Folker helped the Anteaters to a 72-69 victory over Long Beach State on Mar. 2. While contributing 6.4 rebounds per game, he also scores 9.8 points per game. For the Tigers, Lorenzo McCloud finished with 15 points and six assists in the 70-68 win over UC Riverside on Mar. 2. With 11.4 points per game and 4.0 assists per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
- Daman Starring is ranked 6th in the Big West in three-pointers.
- UC Irvine has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Pacific ($24,974 vs. $46,862).
- Will Davis II is ranked 8th in the Big West in rebounds and 25th nationally in blocks.
- Boom! UC Irvine defeated Pacific by 9 points the last time they played (Feb 20, 2013).
- The UC Irvine three-point leader (Daman Starring, 62 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Pacific three-point leader (Travis Fulton, 27 three-pointers).
- UC Irvine is better under pressure, and has defeated Pacific in eight out of the last nine games decided by five points or fewer.
- UC Irvine has an average margin of victory of 8 over Pacific in 36 wins since 1980.
- Michael Wilder is ranked 7th in the Big West in three-pointers.
- UC Irvine players are more experienced than Pacific players (17,157 minutes played vs. 11,825 minutes played).
- The UC Irvine rebounding leader (Adam Folker, 193 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Pacific rebounding leader (Travis Fulton, 112 rebounds).
- UC Irvine has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Pacific according to Kiplinger (58 percent vs. 41.5 percent).
|C||Will Davis II||24||8||6||1||1||2||2|
|C-||R. De Souza||18||5||2||2||1||0||1|