Louisiana Tech vs. New Mexico State: Full Game Preview
|Louisiana Tech||R Appleby 14.8||M Kyser 5.3||K Smith 5.4|
|New Mexico State||D Mullings 13.7||B Sy 7.3||T Watson 3.0|
New Mexico State hosts Louisiana Tech at Pan American Center on Thursday. The game gets underway at 9 p.m. EST and you can see it on AggieVision. The Aggies lost to the Bulldogs 81-72 on Dec. 31 and are 8-2 against them over the last four years.
New Mexico State is in third place in the WAC and will be trying to close the gap with Louisiana Tech, who is currently in first place.
In their last outing, despite 21 points and 11 rebounds from Bandja Sy, the Aggies fell to Denver 66-60 on Mar. 2. On top of a team-high 7.3 rebounds per game, he also scores 11.6 points per game. For the Bulldogs, J.L. Lewis put up seven points and six rebounds in the 88-61 blowout of San Jose State on Mar. 2. He contributes 2.5 rebounds per game in addition to his 2.6 points per game. When considering the Four Factors, Louisiana Tech performs well in turnover percentage at 17.0. This ranks first in the conference and 23rd in the country.
Louisiana Tech StatSmack
- New Mexico State has an average margin of victory of 10 over Louisiana Tech in 14 wins since 2000.
- New Mexico State has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Louisiana Tech (three vs. zero).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? New Mexico State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (926 to 908) than Louisiana Tech, per the NCAA.
- The New Mexico State rebounding leader (Bandja Sy, 213 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Louisiana Tech rebounding leader (Michale Kyser, 153 rebounds).
- Bandja Sy is ranked 9th in the WAC in points and 6th in the WAC in rebounds.
- Since 1998, New Mexico State has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Louisiana Tech (one vs. zero).
- That must sting. New Mexico State has blown out Louisiana Tech by 20 points or more on three occasions since 2007.
- Sim Bhullar is ranked 8th in the WAC in rebounds and 34th nationally in blocks.
- Daniel Mullings is ranked 7th in the WAC in points and 33rd nationally in steals.
|C-||Terrel de Rouen||20||5||3||2||0||0||1|