(21-6, 10-5 away)
Southern Utah 74
(11-17, 9-6 home)
Venue: Centrum Arena
9:05PM ET / 6:05PM PT, March 04, 2013
||K Jamar 26
||J Gregory 7
||K Jamar 4
||D Heuir 29
||A Hess 7
||C Nsenki 4
On Monday, Mar. 4, Southern Utah lost on their home court to Montana 86-74 in overtime. The Thunderbirds remain winless against Montana this season at 0-2. Damon Heuir put up a game-high 29 points and six rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl) in the Thunderbirds loss. Jackson Stevenett had 16 points and added seven rebounds. Kareem Jamar got a team-high 26 points and four rebounds for the Grizzlies. Southern Utah (11-17, 8-10 Big Sky) takes on Northern Colorado (11-17, 9-10 Big Sky) on Thursday, Mar. 7 on the road.
Southern Utah Game Notes
- The last time SUU started the season 11-17 was 2010.
- Southern Utah has played in two overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Thunderbirds have played in 12 overtime games with a record of 5-7.
- The Thunderbirds have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Southern Utah is 24-29 in close games.
- The Thunderbirds have lost 85 percent of the time this season (2-11) after having a field goal percentage of 40.9 percent or worse.
- Southern Utah has lost 75 percent of the time this season (2-6) after recording 10 or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition records 86 or more total points this season, Southern Utah has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.0 percent or better this season, Southern Utah has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition records 26 or more field goals made this season, Southern Utah has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- The Thunderbirds set a season high for three-pointers (10).
- SUU set a season low for turnovers (10).
- The Thunderbirds have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past five games.
- Southern Utah has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--SUU has a 4.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Jackson Stevenett recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 22.
- Damon Heuir accounted for 39.1 percent of the team's points.
- Damon Heuir has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 28 games this season.
- Jackson Stevenett has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 28 games this season.
- Jackson Stevenett has 22 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Damon Heuir's career.
- This was the seventh foul out of the season for Jordan Johnson.
Montana Game Notes
- The Grizzlies won this one, but have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Montana is 28-24 in close games.
- Kareem Jamar accounted for 30.2 percent of the team's points.
- Kareem Jamar has led the team in scoring eight times in 27 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Kareem Jamar's career.
- Kareem Jamar has four straight double-digit point games.
- Kareem Jamar set a career high with 12 free throws made.
- Jordan Gregory has three straight double-digit point games.