(21-6, 10-5 away)
Southern Utah 74
(11-17, 9-6 home)
Venue: Centrum Arena
9:05PM ET / 6:05PM PT, March 04, 2013
||K Jamar 26
||J Gregory 7
||K Jamar 4
||D Heuir 29
||A Hess 7
||C Nsenki 4
Montana squared off with Southern Utah on Monday, Mar. 4 and got a road victory against the Thunderbirds 86-74 in overtime. With a record of 2-0, the Grizzlies stay undefeated against Southern Utah this season. The Grizzlies got the win with a team-high 26 points and four rebounds from Kareem Jamar. Spencer Coleman had 16 points and added five rebounds. Damon Heuir finished with a game-high 29 points and six rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl) for the Thunderbirds. Montana (21-6, 17-1 Big Sky) gets Sacramento State (13-13, 7-10 Big Sky) at home on Thursday, Mar. 7.
Montana Game Notes
- Montana started 21-6 during the 2011 and 2005 seasons (since 1996).
- UM beat the spread by 10 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Grizzlies have beaten the spread.
- Montana has played in four overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Grizzlies have played in 10 overtime games with a record of 3-7.
- The Grizzlies have won seven close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Montana is 28-24 in close games.
- The Grizzlies have won every game this season (14-0) after recording three or more blocks.
- Montana has won every game this season (4-0) after committing eight or fewer turnovers.
- Montana has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) when its field goal percentage has been 50.0 percent or better.
- UM has won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) when opponents record 10 or fewer free throws made.
- UM has won 83 percent of the time this season (10-2) after holding an opponent to under 40.9 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Montana has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Keron DeShields has 13 points or more, 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Spencer Coleman has five field goals made or more, and 83 percent of the time (10-2) when Kareem Jamar has four assists or more.
- The Grizzlies set a season high for free throws made (31).
- UM set a season low for three-point percentage (23.1).
- The Grizzlies have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past four games.
- Montana has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past five games.
- Kareem Jamar accounted for 30.2 percent of the team's points.
- Kareem Jamar has led the team in scoring in eight out of 27 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Kareem Jamar's career.
- Kareem Jamar has four straight double-digit point games.
- Kareem Jamar had a career high with 12 free throws made.
- Jordan Gregory has three straight double-digit point games.
Southern Utah Game Notes
- The Thunderbirds have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Southern Utah is 24-29 in close games.
- Jackson Stevenett recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 22.
- Damon Heuir accounted for 39.1 percent of the team's points.
- Damon Heuir has led the team in scoring 12 times in 28 games this season.
- Jackson Stevenett has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 28 games this season.
- Jackson Stevenett has 22 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Damon Heuir's career.
- This was the seventh foul out of the season for Jordan Johnson.