On Monday, Mar. 4, Texas came out on top against Baylor 79-70 in Big 12 play. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. The Longhorns were led by Myck Kabongo, who put up 19 points and eight assists (6 Reb 3 Stl). Ioannis Papapetrou had a season-high 18 points and added four rebounds. For the Bears, Pierre Jackson finished with a team-high 22 points and eight assists. Texas (14-15, 6-10 Big 12) travels to Texas Tech (10-18, 3-14 Big 12) on Saturday, Mar. 9.
Texas Game Notes
- The last time Texas started the season 14-16 was 1997.
- Texas beat the spread by 10.5 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Longhorns have beaten the spread.
- Texas has won every game this season (6-0) when its field goal percentage has been 50.0 percent or better.
- The Longhorns have won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after recording 79 or more total points.
- Texas set a season low for turnovers (eight).
- This is the 16th game at home this season--Texas has a 8.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Sheldon McClellan and Myck Kabongo) accounted for 53.1 percent of the points.
- Sheldon McClellan has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 30 games this season.
- Myck Kabongo has led the team in rebounding in three out of 30 games this season.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Sheldon McClellan's career.
Baylor Game Notes
- Pierre Jackson accounted for 31.4 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Cory Jefferson and Isaiah Austin) accounted for 48.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Pierre Jackson has led the team in scoring 18 times in 30 games this season.
- Cory Jefferson has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the 18th 20-point game of Pierre Jackson's career.
- Pierre Jackson has five straight double-digit point games.
- Isaiah Austin has four straight double-digit point games.
- Gary Franklin set career highs with a 100 percent field goal percentage and a 100 percent three-point percentage.