SC State 54
(5-23, 1-15 away)
NC Central 62
(21-8, 13-3 home)
Venue: McLendon-McDougald Gymnasium
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, March 04, 2013
||D Joint 14
||D Joint 9
||K Toombs 7
||S Kidd 20
||S Kidd 7
||E Chapman 6
On Monday, Mar. 4, South Carolina State got beat at home by North Carolina Central 62-54 in conference play. The Bulldogs are now 0-2 against North Carolina Central this season. The Bulldogs got a season-high 14 points and nine rebounds from Devin Joint. Khalif Toombs also had a good game, scoring 10 points and adding seven assists. Stanton Kidd finished with a game-high 20 points and seven rebounds for the Eagles. The Bulldogs are on a five-game losing streak. The next game will be on Thursday, Mar. 7 when South Carolina State (5-23, 1-13 MEAC) hosts Delaware State (13-16, 8-7 MEAC).
South Carolina State Game Notes
- The last time SCSU started the season 5-23 was 2011.
- South Carolina State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-11) after recording 54 or fewer total points.
- The Bulldogs have lost 92 percent of the time this season (1-11) after having a field goal percentage of 37.3 percent or worse.
- South Carolina State has lost 89 percent of the time this season (1-8) after committing 18 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 15 or more free throws made this season, South Carolina State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-13).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 41.7 percent or better this season, South Carolina State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records four or more blocks this season, South Carolina State has lost 94 percent of the time (1-16).
- SCSU set a season low for blocks (one).
- The Bulldogs have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past four games.
- South Carolina State has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past six games.
- The top two scorers (Devin Joint and Khalif Toombs) accounted for 44.4 percent of the points.
- Devin Joint has led the team in rebounding in three out of 28 games this season.
- Devin Joint had a career high with six field goals made.
North Carolina Central Game Notes
- Stanton Kidd accounted for 32.2 percent of the team's points.
- Stanton Kidd accounted for 31.8 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Stanton Kidd has led the team in scoring seven times and in rebounding 13 times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Stanton Kidd's career.
- Stanton Kidd has four straight double-digit point games.
|C||Jay Copeland Jr||9||3||1||0||0||0||0|