Florida A&M 58
(8-21, 1-17 away)
Norfolk State 69
(20-10, 10-1 home)
Venue: Joseph G. Echols Hall
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, March 04, 2013
||J Adams 13
||M Teal 9
||D Bullard 2
||R Gaston 20
||R Gaston 10
||J Fuentes 5
On Monday, Mar. 4, Norfolk State took on Florida A&M and came out on top against the Rattlers 69-58 in MEAC play. The Spartans got a double-double out of Rashid Gaston with a season-high 20 points and 10 rebounds. Pendarvis Williams had 14 points and added eight rebounds. Walter Davis finished with eight points and eight rebounds for the Rattlers. The next game will be on Thursday, Mar. 7 when Norfolk State (20-10, 15-0 MEAC) hosts North Carolina A&T (14-15, 7-7 MEAC).
Norfolk State Game Notes
- The win over Florida A&M extended the Norfolk State winning streak to 14 games.
- The Spartans have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 28 or more field goals made.
- Norfolk State has won every game this season (5-0) when its field goal percentage has been 49.1 percent or better.
- NSU has won every game this season (7-0) when opponents record 58 or fewer total points.
- NSU has won every game this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 31.4 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Norfolk State has won 71 percent of the time (12-5) when Pendarvis Williams has 14 points or more, 85 percent of the time (11-2) when Brandon Goode has four field goals made or more, and 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Rashid Gaston has 10 rebounds or more.
- NSU set a season low for steals (one).
- The Spartans have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past nine games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--NSU has a 9.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Rashid Gaston and Pendarvis Williams) accounted for 49.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Rashid Gaston and Pendarvis Williams) accounted for 46.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Rashid Gaston has led the team in scoring three times and in rebounding 12 times in 30 games this season.
- Pendarvis Williams has five straight double-digit point games.
- Pendarvis Williams had a career high with eight defensive rebounds.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Rashid Gaston's career.
- Rashid Gaston recorded a double-double. It was the third of his career.
Florida A&M Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jamie Adams and Reggie Lewis) accounted for 43.1 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Markee Teal and Walter Davis) accounted for 43.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Jamie Adams has led the team in scoring 13 times in 29 games this season.
- Markee Teal has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 29 games this season.