Delaware State 47
(13-16, 5-12 away)
Morgan State 66
(13-14, 4-5 home)
Venue: Hill Field House
7:45PM ET / 4:45PM PT, March 04, 2013
||M Oliver 13
||M Oliver 9
||T Tate 3
||J Black 20
||S Duncan 7
||B Bozeman 4
On Monday, Mar. 4, Delaware State was outshot 50.9 percent-30.4 percent by Morgan State and lost in a blowout to the Bears 66-47 in conference play. The Hornets even the season series against Morgan State at 1-1 with the loss. The Hornets got a team-high 13 points and nine rebounds from Marques Oliver. Tyshawn Bell scored eight points and added three rebounds. For the Bears, Shaquille Duncan finished with 11 points and seven rebounds (4 Blk 3 Ast). The next game will be on Thursday, Mar. 7 when Delaware State (13-16, 8-7 MEAC) goes to South Carolina State (5-22, 1-12 MEAC).
Delaware State Game Notes
- Delaware State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 47 or fewer total points.
- The Hornets have lost 86 percent of the time this season (1-6) after having a three-point percentage of 20.0 percent or worse.
- Delaware State has lost 78 percent of the time this season (2-7) after committing 17 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 27 or more field goals made this season, Delaware State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.9 percent or better this season, Delaware State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition records 15 or more assists this season, Delaware State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-9).
- DelSt set a season low for field goal percentage (30.4).
- Delaware State has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past five games.
- The top two scorers (Marques Oliver and Tyshawn Bell) accounted for 44.6 percent of the points.
- Marques Oliver has led the team in scoring five times and in rebounding 16 times in 29 games this season.
Morgan State Game Notes
- Justin Black accounted for 30.3 percent of the team's points.
- Justin Black has led the team in scoring 13 times in 27 games this season.
- Shaquille Duncan has led the team in rebounding three times in 27 games this season.
- Shaquille Duncan has three straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Justin Black's career.
- Justin Black set a career high with nine field goals made.