Coppin State won a nail-biter over Maryland-Eastern Shore 63-60 in MEAC action on Monday, Mar. 4. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. Andre Armstrong guided the Eagles and put up a game-high 22 points. Taariq Cephas had eight points and added seven assists. Troy Snyder recorded a double-double for the Hawks with a team-high 17 points and 10 rebounds. Next up for Coppin State (7-24, 4-12 MEAC) is Bethune-Cookman (12-17, 7-7 MEAC) on Thursday, Mar. 7 at home.
Coppin State Game Notes
- The Eagles have won three close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Coppin State is 30-29 in close games.
- CSU has won every game this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 37.7 percent field goal percentage.
- CSU has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record 10 or fewer assists.
- The Eagles set a season high for three-point percentage (52.6).
- The last time CSU had a three-point percentage of 52.6 percent or higher was Dec 30, 2009 against Navy.
- The Eagles have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past four games.
- Coppin State has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 10 games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--CSU has a -4.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Andre Armstrong accounted for 34.9 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Michael Murray and Brandon St. Louis) accounted for 51.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Andre Armstrong has led the team in scoring in nine out of 30 games this season.
- Michael Murray has led the team in rebounding in 23 out of 30 games this season.
- Taariq Cephas had career highs with a 100 percent three-point percentage and seven assists.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Andre Armstrong's career.
- Andre Armstrong has three straight double-digit point games.
Maryland-Eastern Shore Game Notes
- The Hawks have lost seven times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Maryland-Eastern Shore is 21-23 in close games.
- This loss extended the Hawks losing streak to four games.
- The top two scorers (Troy Snyder and Louis Bell) accounted for 56.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Troy Snyder and Ishaq Pitt) accounted for 42.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Troy Snyder has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 10 times in 26 games this season.
- Olatunji Kosile set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- Troy Snyder recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Troy Snyder recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
- Troy Snyder set career highs with eight offensive rebounds and five assists.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Louis Bell.