Texas Tech 42
(10-18, 1-8 away)
(4) Kansas 79
(26-4, 19-2 home)
Venue: Allen Fieldhouse
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 04, 2013
||J Tolbert 16
||J Crockett 6
||J Crockett 3
||J Withey 22
||J Withey 9
||E Johnson 12
Texas Tech was easily defeated by No. 4 Kansas 79-42 in conference play on a night when they mustered only 26.4 percent from the floor. The game was pretty much decided at halftime, with Kansas up 45-20. The Red Raiders are still looking for their first win over an AP-Ranked team this season (0-6). Jordan Tolbert put up a team-high 16 points and three rebounds in a losing effort. Dusty Hannahs had seven points. Jeff Withey finished with a game-high 22 points and nine rebounds for the Jayhawks. Texas Tech (10-18, 3-14 Big 12) takes on Texas (13-15, 5-10 Big 12) on Saturday, Mar. 9 at home.
Texas Tech Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 14:51 left to go.
- Prior to this game, TTU played 44 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 6-38.
- Texas Tech has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording 23 or fewer rebounds.
- Texas Tech has lost 79 percent of the time this season (3-11) after committing 14 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 53.3 percent or better this season, Texas Tech has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition records 18 or more assists this season, Texas Tech has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 79 or more total points this season, Texas Tech has lost 90 percent of the time (1-9).
- TTU set season lows for field goal percentage (26.4), three-pointers (one), three-point percentage (6.7), and total points (42).
- Texas Tech has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past five games.
- Jordan Tolbert recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 11.
- Jordan Tolbert accounted for 38.0 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jaye Crockett and Dejan Kravic) accounted for 43.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Jordan Tolbert has led the team in scoring in five out of 28 games this season.
- Jaye Crockett has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 28 games this season.
Kansas Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jeff Withey and Kevin Young) accounted for 45.5 percent of the points.
- Jeff Withey has led the team in scoring eight times and in rebounding 20 times in 30 games this season.
- This game was the third double-digit assist game of Elijah Johnson's career.
- Elijah Johnson set a career high with 12 assists.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Jeff Withey's career.
- Jeff Withey has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- Jeff Withey set a career high with eight field goals made.
|D+||J. Williams, Jr.||22||4||3||0||0||1||3|
|-||A. White III||7||0||2||0||0||0||0|