|Baylor||P Jackson 19.0||I Austin 9.0||P Jackson 6.4|
|Texas||M Kabongo 16.7||J Holmes 6.1||M Kabongo 5.0|
Texas plays host to Baylor at Frank C. Erwin, Jr., Special Events Center on Monday. It starts at 9 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN. The Longhorns fell to the Bears 86-79 on Jan. 5 and are 4-7 against them over the last four years.
Texas is in eigth place in the conference and just behind sixth place Baylor with a chance to close in.
The Longhorns were defeated by Oklahoma State 78-65 on Mar. 2 despite 15 points from Julien Lewis. In addition to his 10.4 points per game, he is also chipping in 3.2 rebounds per game. For the Bears, Pierre Jackson finished with 18 points and 7 assists in the 64-61 loss to Kansas State on Mar. 2. He leads the team in points with 19 per game and assists with 6.4 per game.
There is one important category where Baylor has a statistical edge, scoring, where the Bears have the upper hand over the Longhorns, 74 points per game to 65 points per game. One category in which Baylor is especially proficient is turnover percentage at 18.2 percent, ranking second in their conference (and 76th nationally).
- Over the past 10 years, Texas has had more players drafted by the NBA than Baylor (13 vs. four).
- Texas has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Baylor (10 vs. three).
- Texas has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Baylor (one vs. zero).
- Javan Felix is ranked 4th in the Big 12 in assists.
- Texas has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Baylor (15 vs. six).
- Texas has been the favorite 34 out of the last 39 times.
- That must sting. Texas has blown out Baylor by 20 points or more on eight occasions since 1999.
- Texas is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Texas is 214 lbs compared to 203 lbs for Baylor.
- Texas has an average margin of victory of 13 over Baylor in 52 wins since 1980.
- Sheldon McClellan is ranked 8th in the Big 12 in points.
- Since 1998, Texas has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Baylor (19 vs. seven).