Baylor vs. Texas: Full Game Preview
|Baylor||P Jackson 19.0||I Austin 9.0||P Jackson 6.4|
|Texas||M Kabongo 16.7||J Holmes 6.1||M Kabongo 5.0|
Baylor travels to Frank C. Erwin, Jr., Special Events Center on Monday to take on Texas. Tipoff is at 9 p.m. EST and it can be seen on ESPN. The Bears defeated the Longhorns 86-79 on Jan. 5 and are 7-4 against them over the past four years.
Texas and Baylor are packed together in the conference, holding down eigth and sixth place, respectively.
The Bears fell 64-61 to Kansas State on Mar. 2. Pierre Jackson finished with 18 points and 7 assists in the loss. He paces the team in points per game with 19, and assists per game with 6.4. For the Longhorns, Javan Felix put up 13 points in the 78-65 loss to Oklahoma State on Mar. 2. He is averaging 7.8 points and 4.7 assists per game.
Digging into season numbers, Baylor has the advantage in one key category, scoring, where the Bears have an edge over the Longhorns, 74 points per game to 65 points per game.
- Isaiah Austin is ranked 4th in the Big 12 in rebounds and 5th in the Big 12 in blocks.
- Boom! Baylor defeated Texas by 7 points the last time they played (Jan 05, 2013).
- A for effort, but Baylor has emerged victorious against Texas the last three times they've played.
- The Baylor rebounding leader (Cory Jefferson, 232 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Texas rebounding leader (Jonathan Holmes, 143 rebounds).
- Baylor is ranked higher than Texas in the Big 12 (No. 6 vs. No. 8).
- Baylor has an average margin of victory of 10 over Texas in 20 wins since 1980.
- The Baylor blocks leader (Cory Jefferson, 54 blocks) has more blocks than the Texas blocks leader (Cameron Ridley, 45 blocks).
- The Baylor assist leader (Pierre Jackson, 172 assists) has more assists than the Texas assist leader (Javan Felix, 132 assists).
- Baylor is a better three-point shooting team (34.3 percent vs. 28.3 percent) than Texas this season.
- Cory Jefferson is ranked 3rd in the Big 12 in rebounds and 2nd in the Big 12 in blocks.