|Montana||M Ward 14.8||K Jamar 6.1||W Cherry 4.4|
|Southern Utah||J Stevenett 17.9||J Cheesman 6.5||D Heuir 3.2|
On Monday, Southern Utah plays host to Montana at Centrum Arena. It takes place at 9:05 p.m. EST. The Thunderbirds lost to the Grizzlies 73-67 on Jan. 17.
Southern Utah is in fifth place in the conference, Montana is in first place.
In their last matchup on Feb. 28, Jackson Stevenett put up 19 points and 6 rebounds for the Thunderbirds in a loss to Montana State, 62-61. With 17.9 points per game, he leads the team in scoring average. For the Grizzlies, Keron DeShields finished with 17 points and 5 assists in the 71-68 win over Montana State on Mar. 2. He contributes 2 rebounds per game in addition to his 7.4 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Montana is strong in effective field goal percentage at 54.4 percent. This is good enough for second in the conference and 18th in the nation.
- Damon Heuir is ranked 3rd in the Big Sky in points and 5th in the Big Sky in three-pointers.
- Jackson Stevenett is ranked 2nd in the Big Sky in points and 8th in the Big Sky in rebounds.
- The Southern Utah blocks leader (Jayson Cheesman, 58 blocks) has more blocks than the Montana blocks leader (Kareem Jamar, 19 blocks).
- Southern Utah has a stronger schedule (including future opponents) than Montana this season (Projected SOS Rank: No. 287 vs. No. 298).
- The Southern Utah rebounding leader (Jayson Cheesman, 175 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Montana rebounding leader (Kareem Jamar, 154 rebounds).
- The Southern Utah three-point leader (Damon Heuir, 50 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Montana three-point leader (Kareem Jamar, 33 three-pointers).
- Southern Utah is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Southern Utah is 78.4 inches compared to 76.9 inches for Montana.
- The Southern Utah scoring leader (Jackson Stevenett, 466 points) has more points than the Montana scoring leader (Mathias Ward, 356 points).
- Jayson Cheesman is ranked 5th in the Big Sky in rebounds and 49th nationally in blocks.
- Southern Utah attacks the glass, with more rebounds (37.7 per game vs. 30.9 per game) than Montana this season.