Florida A&M vs. Norfolk State: Full Game Preview
|Florida A&M||J Adams 14.2||M Teal 5.2||J Adams 3.2|
|Norfolk State||P Williams 14.0||R Gaston 6.3||J Fuentes 5.2|
On Monday, Norfolk State plays host to Florida A&M at Joseph G. Echols Hall. Tipoff is at 8 p.m. EST. The Spartans are 5-0 against the Rattlers over the last four years. The last time they met (Mar. 9, 2012) they won 58-46.
Norfolk State is in first place in the conference, Florida A&M is in ninth place. Norfolk State has won its last 13 games.
The Spartans got past Bethune-Cookman 62-61 on Mar. 2 with the help of 14 points from Pendarvis Williams. His 14 points per game is the highest mark on the team. The Rattlers were defeated by Hampton 77-68 on Mar. 2 despite 22 points and 11 rebounds from Markee Teal. He is averaging 6.9 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 5.2 per game.
Florida A&M StatSmack
- Over the past 10 years, Norfolk State has had more players drafted by the NBA than Florida A&M (one vs. zero).
- Norfolk State has more wins over the last 5 years than Florida A&M (96 vs. 64).
- Norfolk State has an average margin of victory of 11 over Florida A&M in 13 wins since 1998.
- The Norfolk State assist leader (Jamel Fuentes, 133 assists) has more assists than the Florida A&M assist leader (Jamie Adams, 85 assists).
- The Norfolk State rebounding leader (Rashid Gaston, 153 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Florida A&M rebounding leader (Markee Teal, 134 rebounds).
- A for effort, but Norfolk State has emerged victorious against Florida A&M the last eight times they've played.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Norfolk State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (926 to 904) than Florida A&M, per the NCAA.
- Norfolk State is ranked higher than Florida A&M in the MEAC (No. 1 vs. No. 9).
- Jamel Fuentes is ranked 3rd in the MEAC in assists and 6th in the MEAC in steals.
- Norfolk State is better at defending the three (30.2 percent allowed vs. 34.5 percent allowed) than Florida A&M this season.
|D||K. Lila-St. Rose||9||2||2||0||0||0||1|