Texas Tech vs. Kansas: Full Game Preview
|Texas Tech||J Crockett 12.0||J Crockett 6.8||J Gray 3.3|
|Kansas||B McLemore 16.6||J Withey 8.6||E Johnson 4.7|
On Monday, No. 6 Kansas plays host to Texas Tech at Allen Fieldhouse. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN U. The Jayhawks beat the Red Raiders 60-46 on Jan. 12 and are 6-1 against them over the last four years.
Kansas is currently in first place in the Big 12 and Texas Tech is in ninth.
In their last outing, behind 36 points and 7 rebounds from Ben McLemore, the Jayhawks blew out West Virginia 91-65 on Mar. 2. His 16.6 points per game is the highest mark on the team. In a 72-63 victory over TCU on Mar. 2, Dejan Kravic put up 16 points and 11 rebounds for the Red Raiders. He is averaging 8.8 points per game and leads the team in blocks with 1.3 per game.
Kansas looks to have the advantage in two significant areas. The Jayhawks have the upper hand over the Red Raiders in rebounding, 39 per game to 32 per game. Kansas also has an advantage in scoring, 75 points per game to 66 points per game.
Texas Tech StatSmack
- The Kansas assist leader (Elijah Johnson, 125 assists) has more assists than the Texas Tech assist leader (Josh Gray, 84 assists).
- Ben McLemore is ranked 2nd in the Big 12 in points and 8th in the Big 12 in three-pointers.
- Kansas has a better record on the road than Texas Tech this season (7-2 vs. 1-7).
- The Kansas three-point leader (Ben McLemore, 52 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Texas Tech three-point leader (Dusty Hannahs, 39 three-pointers).
- Kansas does a better job contesting shots (35.5 percent allowed vs. 46.3 percent allowed) than Texas Tech this season.
- Kansas has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Texas Tech (28 vs. three).
- Kevin Young is ranked 6th in the Big 12 in rebounds.
- Kansas has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Texas Tech (three vs. zero).
- Kansas has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Texas Tech (10 vs. three).
- Kansas attacks the glass, with more rebounds (39.7 per game vs. 32.9 per game) than Texas Tech this season.
|D+||J. Williams, Jr.||20||5||2||1||0||0||1|
|C-||A. White III||5||3||1||0||0||0||1|