Delaware State vs. Morgan State: Full Game Preview
|Delaware State||T Tate 12.6||M Oliver 6.9||A Thomas 2.6|
|Morgan State||J Black 13.9||A Hubbard 6.8||J Black 3.0|
On Monday, Morgan State hosts Delaware State at Hill Field House. Tipoff is at 7:30 p.m. EST. The Bears lost to the Hornets 52-50 on Feb. 18 and are 6-3 against them over the last four years.
Morgan State is currently tied with Delaware State in the MEAC in fifth place.
The 17 points by Shaquille Duncan helped the Bears to a 58-45 victory over Maryland-Eastern Shore on Mar. 2. He tallies 6.8 points per game in addition to a team-best 2.1 blocks per game. For the Hornets, Kendall Gray put up 8 points and 7 rebounds in the 56-53 win over Howard on Mar. 2. He is averaging 5.1 points per game and leads the team in blocks with 2.7 per game.
Delaware State StatSmack
- Morgan State has a much better overall winning percentage over the last five years (55.4 percent to 41.5 percent).
- Morgan State has a better record on the road than Delaware State this season (8-9 vs. 4-10).
- The Morgan State assist leader (Justin Black, 78 assists) has more assists than the Delaware State assist leader (Albert Thomas, 63 assists).
- Morgan State has an average margin of victory of 8 over Delaware State in 30 wins since 1980.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Morgan State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (899 to 894) than Delaware State, per the NCAA.
- Morgan State attacks the glass, with more rebounds (37.4 per game vs. 31.7 per game) than Delaware State this season.
- The Morgan State scoring leader (Justin Black, 352 points) has more points than the Delaware State scoring leader (Tahj Tate, 315 points).
- Ian Chiles is ranked 8th in the MEAC in blocks.
- Justin Black is ranked 8th in the MEAC in points.
- Morgan State is better under pressure, and has defeated Delaware State in eight out of the last 13 games decided by five points or fewer.
- DeWayne Jackson is ranked 3rd in the MEAC in steals.