Bethune-Cookman vs. Hampton: Full Game Preview
|Bethune-Cookman||A Coleman 17.8||A Coleman 7.1||K Dukes 3.3|
|Hampton||O O`Bryant 13.0||D Maxwell 7.0||D Powers 4.8|
On Monday, Bethune-Cookman heads to Hampton Convocation Center (VA) to take on Hampton. Tipoff is at 8 p.m. EST. The Wildcats are 4-3 against the Pirates over the last four years. The last time they played they won 81-72 on Mar. 9, 2012.
Hampton is in third place in the conference and Bethune-Cookman is in seventh place.
In their last outing, despite 16 points from Paul Scotland, the Wildcats fell to Norfolk State 62-61 on Mar. 2. He is putting up 8.3 points per game while also averaging 2.3 assists per game. For the Pirates, Ramon Mercado finished with 18 points and 6 rebounds in the 77-68 win over Florida A&M on Mar. 2. He is averaging 8 points and 3.3 rebounds per game.
- Bethune-Cookman has a better overall winning percentage over the last five years (51.9 percent to 49.7 percent).
- Adrien Coleman is ranked 46th nationally in points, 5th in the MEAC in rebounds, and 8th in the MEAC in assists.
- Alex Smith is ranked 6th in the MEAC in blocks.
- Kevin Dukes is ranked 1st in the MEAC in three-pointers, 5th in the MEAC in assists, and 7th in the MEAC in steals.
- A for effort, but Bethune-Cookman has emerged victorious against Hampton the last three times they've played.
- The Bethune-Cookman scoring leader (Adrien Coleman, 504 points) has more points than the Hampton scoring leader (Deron Powers, 321 points).
- Bethune-Cookman has a better record at home than Hampton this season (9-4 vs. 5-6).
- Bethune-Cookman is a better three-point shooting team (31.6 percent vs. 25.3 percent) than Hampton this season.
- The Bethune-Cookman rebounding leader (Adrien Coleman, 198 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Hampton rebounding leader (Du`Vaughn Maxwell, 191 rebounds).
- Bethune-Cookman has a stronger schedule than Hampton this season (SOS Rank: No. 286 vs. No. 337).