NC State 70
(21-8, 6-6 away)
Georgia Tech 57
(15-13, 13-6 home)
Venue: Hank McCamish Pavilion
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, March 03, 2013
||R Howell 18
||S Wood 8
||L Brown 7
||M Udofia 9
||D Miller 6
||M Udofia 3
NC State won on the road against Georgia Tech 70-57 in conference play on Sunday, Mar. 3. With a record of 2-0, the Wolfpack stay unbeaten against Georgia Tech this season. The Wolfpack were led by Richard Howell, who got a game-high 18 points and six rebounds. Lorenzo Brown also had a solid game, scoring nine points and adding seven assists (5 Reb 3 Stl). For the Yellow Jackets, Marcus Georges-Hunt finished with six points and six rebounds. The next game will be on Wednesday, Mar. 6 when NC State (21-8, 10-6 ACC) welcomes Wake Forest (12-16, 5-11 ACC).
NC State Game Notes
- The last time NCSU started the season 21-8 was 2005.
- NCSU beat the spread by 9.5 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Wolfpack have beaten the spread.
- The Wolfpack have won every game this season (6-0) after recording 21 or more free throws made.
- NC State has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- NCSU has won 91 percent of the time this season (10-1) when opponents record nine or fewer free throws made.
- NCSU has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after holding an opponent to under 34.4 percent field goal percentage.
- This season NC State has won 71 percent of the time (15-6) when C.J. Leslie has 13 points or more, 71 percent of the time (12-5) when Scott Wood plays 34 minutes or more, and 80 percent of the time (8-2) when Richard Howell has seven field goals made or more.
- The Wolfpack set a season high for steals (12).
- NCSU set season lows for three-pointers (one) and three-point percentage (9.1).
- The Wolfpack have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past five games.
- The top two scorers (Richard Howell and T.J. Warren) accounted for 45.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Scott Wood and C.J. Leslie) accounted for 41.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Richard Howell has led the team in scoring in five out of 29 games this season.
- Scott Wood had career highs with eight rebounds and seven defensive rebounds.
- C.J. Leslie had a career high with four steals.
- T.J. Warren has five straight double-digit point games.
Georgia Tech Game Notes
- Mfon Udofia has led the team in scoring four times in 28 games this season.
- Marcus Georges-Hunt has led the team in rebounding five times in 28 games this season.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Robert Carter.