Georgia Tech faced off with NC State on Sunday, Mar. 3 and got beat at home by the Wolfpack 70-57 in conference play. The Yellow Jackets are now 0-2 against NC State this season. The Yellow Jackets got six points and six rebounds from Marcus Georges-Hunt. Mfon Udofia had nine points and added four rebounds. Richard Howell finished with a game-high 18 points and six rebounds for the Wolfpack. Georgia Tech (15-13, 5-11 ACC) takes on fifth-ranked Miami (FL) (22-5, 14-2 ACC) on Wednesday, Mar. 6 on the road.
Georgia Tech Game Notes
- The last time GT started the season 15-13 was 1998.
- Georgia Tech has lost 78 percent of the time this season (2-7) after committing 15 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 12 or more steals this season, Georgia Tech has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 42.9 percent or better this season, Georgia Tech has lost 89 percent of the time (1-8).
- The Yellow Jackets have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past five games.
- Georgia Tech has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 17th game at home this season--GT has a 8.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Mfon Udofia has led the team in scoring in four out of 28 games this season.
- Marcus Georges-Hunt has led the team in rebounding in five out of 28 games this season.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Robert Carter.
NC State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Richard Howell and T.J. Warren) accounted for 45.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Scott Wood and C.J. Leslie) accounted for 41.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Richard Howell has led the team in scoring five times in 29 games this season.
- Scott Wood set career highs with eight rebounds and seven defensive rebounds.
- C.J. Leslie set a career high with four steals.
- T.J. Warren has five straight double-digit point games.