Utah vs. Stanford: Recap, Stats, and Box Score
|Utah||J DuBois 22||J Loveridge 6||B Taylor 4|
|Stanford||C Randle 22||D Powell 8||C Randle 6|
In a game where the Cardinal scored 33 points from behind the arc, Utah was smoked by Stanford 84-66 in conference play. The Utes stay winless against Stanford this season at 0-2.
Ever since losing a close battle with No. 9 Arizona on Feb. 17, it has been a rough stretch for the Utes. Their loss to Stanford was their fourth consecutive defeat, each coming by a wider and wider margin.
The Utes got a game-high 22 points and two rebounds from Jarred DuBois. However, he only had eight points in the first half as his team fell behind early. They took a 13-point deficit into halftime.
Jordan Loveridge had 11 points and added six rebounds. It was a decent showing from the forward and was right on par with his season averages.
For the Cardinal, Chasson Randle posted a team-high 22 points and six assists. Stanford shot well from the field and did a nice job distributing the ball around throughout.
Utah (11-17, 3-13 Pac 12) gets Oregon State (13-16, 3-13 Pac 12) on their home court on Thursday, Mar. 7.
Utah Game Notes
- The last time Utah started the season 11-17 was 2006.
- Utah has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-6) after recording 11 or fewer assists.
- The Utes have lost 88 percent of the time this season (2-14) after having a field goal percentage of 43.6 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 29 or more field goals made this season, Utah has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 48.3 percent or better this season, Utah has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 15 or more free throws made this season, Utah has lost 100 percent of the time (0-8).
- Utah set a season low for blocks (zero).
- Utah has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past nine games.
- Jarred DuBois recorded a team season high in free throws made with nine.
- Jarred DuBois accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jason Washburn and Jordan Loveridge) accounted for 41.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Jarred DuBois has led the team in scoring in seven out of 28 games this season.
- Jason Washburn has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 28 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Jarred DuBois's career.
Stanford Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Chasson Randle and Dwight Powell) accounted for 44.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Dwight Powell and Gabriel Harris) accounted for 44.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Chasson Randle has led the team in scoring nine times in 30 games this season.
- Dwight Powell has led the team in rebounding 14 times in 30 games this season.
- Dwight Powell has 17 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Chasson Randle's career.
- Chasson Randle has six straight double-digit point games.
- Chasson Randle set a career high with six assists.