World Football Gossip Roundup: Neymar, Robert Lewandowski, Christopher Samba
One day, Neymar will be in Europe and Robert Lewandowski will have departed Borussia Dortmund. Until that day arrives, the rumor mill will keep pumping out the gossip.
In this Monday edition of the B/R World Football Gossip Roundup, we bring you news of an enormous bid for Neymar, as well as the latest on Lewandowski's situation with the German champions.
Elsewhere, there's also news on Christopher Samba and Robinho. Keep reading for all the details.
Bayern Munich Plot £86 Million Move for Neymar?
Bayern Munich are planning an £86 million bid for Brazilian forward Neymar, according to a Spanish report cited by Metro.
Neymar, a 21-year-old Brazilian international, currently plays for Santos in his homeland but has been linked with several top European clubs.
The fee would be a world record, eclipsing the £80 million Real Madrid paid Manchester United for Cristiano Ronaldo in 2009.
Robert Lewandowski Could Leave Borussia Dortmund for Free in 2014?
Borussia Dortmund chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke says the club will keep forward Robert Lewandowski until his contract runs out in 2014 if a suitable offer does not arrive, according to German newspaper Die Welt (in German).
Lewandowski, 24, joined BVB from Lech Poznan in 2010. He has scored 16 goals this season in 21 Bundesliga appearances.
Bayern Munich and Manchester United have been linked with the Polish international, who would be able to leave the club on a free transfer in 2014.
QPR Turned Down 'Massive Offer' for Christopher Samba
Queens Park Rangers declined an opportunity to sell defender Christopher Samba for a quick profit last month, according to the Daily Mirror.
QPR signed Samba, a 28-year-old former Congolese international, from Anzhi Makhachkala for £12.5 million in January (via The Guardian).
According to the Mirror, Anzhi's Russian Premier League rivals Zenit St. Petersburg submitted a "massive offer" before the Russian transfer window closed.
"We had an offer for Samba, right on the deadline and the chairman turned it down," said QPR manager Harry Redknapp. "It was for more money than we paid for Samba."
Robinho Would Leave AC Milan Only for Santos?
AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani says Robinho would only leave the club for Santos (via Goal.com).
Robinho, a 29-year-old Brazilian international forward, started his professional career with Santos in 2002. He joined Milan from Manchester City in 2010 and has also played for Real Madrid.
This season, he has scored two goals in 16 Serie A appearances.
"Robinho is feeling very good at Milan," Galliani told Domenica Sportiva. "He turned down a number of Brazilian teams because Santos are the only option for him if he returns to Brazil."
Rafa Benitez's rant last week was planned, according to a former Liverpool managing director (via The Sun).
Inter Milan manager Andrea Stramaccioni has left open the possibility of Antonio Cassano returning to the first team. The two were reportedly involved in a recent training-ground dispute (via La Gazzetta dello Sport).
Manchester United are watching Corinthians' 19-year-old Brazilian defender Antonio Carlos (Daily Mirror).