On Sunday, Mar. 3, Boston College just barely got by Virginia 53-52 in conference play. The Eagles even the season series against Virginia at 1-1 with the win. The Eagles were led by Ryan Anderson, who put up eight points and nine rebounds. Joe Rahon scored a team-high 15 points. Akil Mitchell got a game-high 16 points and eight rebounds for the Cavaliers. Boston College (13-16, 5-11 ACC) travels to Clemson (13-15, 5-11 ACC) on Tuesday, Mar. 5.
Boston College Game Notes
- The last time BC started the season 13-16 was 2007.
- BC beat the spread by 5.5 points. That makes the 13th time this season the Eagles have beaten the spread.
- The Eagles have won five close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Boston College is 36-28 in close games.
- Boston College has won 78 percent of the time this season (7-2) when its three-point percentage has been 38.9 percent or better.
- This season Boston College has won 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Joe Rahon has three three-pointers or more.
- BC set a season low for steals (two).
- Boston College has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the sixth win of the season where the Eagles came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 17th game at home this season--BC has a 2.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Joe Rahon and Olivier Hanlan) accounted for 52.8 percent of the points.
- Ryan Anderson accounted for 34.6 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Joe Rahon has led the team in scoring in four out of 29 games this season.
- Ryan Anderson has led the team in rebounding in 21 out of 29 games this season.
- Olivier Hanlan has five straight double-digit point games.
Virginia Game Notes
- The Cavaliers have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Virginia is 22-32 in close games.
- Akil Mitchell accounted for 30.7 percent of the team's points.
- Akil Mitchell accounted for 32.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Akil Mitchell has led the team in scoring six times and in rebounding 22 times in 29 games this season.
- Joe Harris has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Akil Mitchell has three straight double-digit point games.