Washington squared off with Washington State on Sunday, Mar. 3 and came out on top against the Cougars 72-68 in Pac 12 play. With a record of 2-0, the Huskies remain unbeaten against Washington State this season. The Huskies got the win with 23 points and five rebounds from C.J Wilcox. Scott Suggs was active from three-point range, going 5 for 8 to get to a game-high 23 points overall. For the Cougars, Brock Motum got a team-high 18 points and six rebounds. Washington (16-13, 8-8 Pac 12) gets USC (14-15, 9-7 Pac 12) on their home court on Wednesday, Mar. 6.
Washington Game Notes
- The Huskies have won seven close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Washington is 29-31 in close games.
- Washington has won every game this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 53.3 percent or better.
- The Huskies have won every game this season (9-0) after recording 17 or more free throws made.
- UW has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record 24 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Washington has won 71 percent of the time (5-2) when C.J Wilcox has 23 points or more, 88 percent of the time (7-1) when Abdul Gaddy plays 34 minutes or more, and 78 percent of the time (7-2) when Desmond Simmons has eight rebounds or more.
- Washington has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--UW has a 2.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Scott Suggs accounted for 31.9 percent of the team's points.
- Desmond Simmons accounted for 32.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (12) than the starters (10).
- Scott Suggs has led the team in scoring in six out of 29 games this season.
- Desmond Simmons has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 29 games this season.
- This marks the 21st 20-point game of C.J Wilcox's career.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Scott Suggs's career.
- Scott Suggs had career highs with seven field goals made and five three-pointers.
Washington State Game Notes
- The Cougars have lost nine times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Washington State is 25-35 in close games.
- This loss extended the Cougars losing streak to nine games.
- The top two scorers (Royce Woolridge and Brock Motum) accounted for 52.9 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Brock Motum and DaVonte Lacy) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Royce Woolridge has led the team in scoring four times in 29 games this season.
- Brock Motum has led the team in rebounding 14 times in 29 games this season.
- Brock Motum has 29 straight double-digit point games.
- DaVonte Lacy has three straight double-digit point games.
- D.J. Shelton set a career high with three three-pointers.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Dexter Kernich-Drew.
- Dexter Kernich-Drew set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.