Washington State 68
(11-18, 1-11 away)
(16-13, 11-6 home)
Venue: Alaska Airlines Arena at Hec Edmundson Pavilion
3:30PM ET / 12:30PM PT, March 03, 2013
||B Motum 18
||B Motum 6
||D Lacy 4
||C Wilcox 23
||D Simmons 8
||A Gaddy 6
On Sunday, Mar. 3, Washington State lost on their home court to Washington 72-68 in conference play. The Cougars stay winless against Washington this season at 0-2. Brock Motum put up a team-high 18 points and six rebounds in the Cougars loss. DaVonte Lacy also had a strong game, scoring 10 points and adding six rebounds. For the Huskies, C.J Wilcox finished with 23 points and five rebounds. The Cougars are on an eight-game losing streak. Washington State (11-17, 2-14 Pac 12) takes on UCLA (22-7, 12-4 Pac 12) on Wednesday, Mar. 6 on their home court.
Washington State Game Notes
- WSU beat the spread by three points. That makes the 14th time this season the Cougars have beaten the spread.
- The Cougars have been unlucky nine times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Washington State is 25-35 in close games.
- Washington State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording 24 or fewer rebounds.
- Washington State has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after committing 18 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 72 or more total points this season, Washington State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 53.3 percent or better this season, Washington State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 17 or more free throws made this season, Washington State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- WSU set a season low for blocks (zero).
- Washington State has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past five games.
- The top two scorers (Royce Woolridge and Brock Motum) accounted for 52.9 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Brock Motum and DaVonte Lacy) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Royce Woolridge has led the team in scoring in four out of 29 games this season.
- Brock Motum has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 29 games this season.
- Brock Motum has 29 straight double-digit point games.
- DaVonte Lacy has three straight double-digit point games.
- D.J. Shelton had a career high with three three-pointers.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Dexter Kernich-Drew.
- Dexter Kernich-Drew had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
Washington Game Notes
- The Huskies won this one, but have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Washington is 29-31 in close games.
- Scott Suggs accounted for 31.9 percent of the team's points.
- Desmond Simmons accounted for 32.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (12) than the starters (10).
- Scott Suggs has led the team in scoring six times in 29 games this season.
- Desmond Simmons has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the 21st 20-point game of C.J Wilcox's career.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Scott Suggs's career.
- Scott Suggs set career highs with seven field goals made and five three-pointers.
|C-||Shawn Kemp Jr||18||4||2||0||0||1||3|