New Orleans 57
(8-18, 0-13 away)
Texas-Pan American 71
(15-15, 11-2 home)
Venue: UTPA Fieldhouse
3:00PM ET / 12:00PM PT, March 03, 2013
||R Nelson 14
||C Dixon 5
||R Nelson 3
||B Provost 20
||B Provost 10
||J Delgado 7
On Sunday, Mar. 3, Texas-Pan American topped New Orleans 71-57. With the win, the Broncs tie the season series against New Orleans at 1-1. The Broncs got a double-double out of Brandon Provost with a game-high 20 points and 10 rebounds. Jesus Delgado had 14 points and added seven assists. For the Privateers, Eddie Denard finished with nine points and three rebounds. Texas-Pan American (15-15, 4-3 Great West) gets New Jersey Tech (16-11, 6-1 Great West) on their home court on Saturday, Mar. 9.
Texas-Pan American Game Notes
- The Broncs have won 77 percent of the time this season (10-3) after recording 71 or more total points.
- This season Texas-Pan American has won 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Brandon Provost has 20 points or more.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--UTPA has a 9.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Brandon Provost and Jesus Delgado) accounted for 47.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Brandon Provost and Lauri Toivonen) accounted for 41.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Brandon Provost has led the team in scoring 16 times and in rebounding 7 times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Brandon Provost's career.
- Brandon Provost has three straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Provost recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and second of his career.
- Brandon Provost had a career high with 10 rebounds.
- Jesus Delgado had a career high with seven assists.
New Orleans Game Notes
- This loss extended the Privateers losing streak to four games.
- The top two scorers (Rarlensee Nelson and Cory Dixon) accounted for 42.1 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (18) than the starters (16).
- Rarlensee Nelson has led the team in scoring six times in 26 games this season.
- Cory Dixon has led the team in rebounding nine times in 26 games this season.