(17-12, 7-8 away)
(19-10, 10-4 home)
Venue: Patrick Gym
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, March 03, 2013
||Y Moore 16
||N Sikma 3
||Y Moore 6
||T Blue 13
||B Voelkel 10
||S Carissimo 3
On a day when the Hawks scored 36 points from beyond the three-point line, Vermont let one slip to Hartford 61-58 in conference play. The Catamounts even the season series against Hartford at 1-1 with the loss. The Catamounts got nine points and three rebounds from Brendan Kilpatrick. Brian Voelkel had seven points and added 10 rebounds. For the Hawks, Yolonzo Moore got a game-high 16 points and six assists. Vermont (19-10, 11-5 America East) gets New Hampshire (9-19, 5-11 America East) at home on Saturday, Mar. 9.
Vermont Game Notes
- The last time UVM started the season 19-10 was 2011.
- The Catamounts have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Vermont is 29-27 in close games.
- The Catamounts set a season high for turnovers (20).
- The last time UVM recorded at least 20 turnovers was Mar 16, 2012 against North Carolina.
- UVM set a season low for steals (three).
- The Catamounts have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past five games.
- Vermont has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past seven games.
- This is the fourth loss of the season where the Catamounts opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--UVM has a 8.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two rebounders (Brian Voelkel and Luke Apfeld) accounted for 44.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Trey Blue has led the team in scoring in four out of 29 games this season.
- Brian Voelkel has led the team in rebounding in 21 out of 29 games this season.
- Brian Voelkel recorded the 42nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Luke Apfeld has five straight double-digit point games.
Hartford Game Notes
- The Hawks won this one, but have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Hartford is 29-27 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Yolonzo Moore and Nate Sikma) accounted for 50.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Yolonzo Moore and Nate Sikma) accounted for 46.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Yolonzo Moore has led the team in scoring four times and in rebounding six times in 29 games this season.
- Yolonzo Moore set a career high with six assists.
- This was the second foul out of the season for John Peterson.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Evan Cooper.