(11-18, 4-7 away)
South Florida 83
(11-17, 9-8 home)
Venue: Sun Dome
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, March 03, 2013
||C Melvin 18
||C McKinney 7
||W Clahar 6
||T Fitzpatrick 19
||T Fitzpatrick 8
||A Collins 4
DePaul faced off with South Florida on Sunday, Mar. 3 and lost on their home court to the Bulls 83-73 in conference play. The Blue Demons got a career-high 13 points and seven rebounds from Charles McKinney. Brandon Young also had a solid outing, scoring 18 points and adding five assists. For the Bulls, Toarlyn Fitzpatrick got a game-high 19 points (8 Reb 3 Blk), including 5-of-8 shooting from three-point range. DePaul (11-18, 2-14 Big East) gets 12th-ranked Syracuse (22-7, 10-6 Big East) on the road on Wednesday, Mar. 6.
DePaul Game Notes
- DePaul started 11-18 during the 2011 and 2007 seasons (since 1996).
- DePaul has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording 25 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 83 or more total points this season, DePaul has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 31 or more field goals made this season, DePaul has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 54.4 percent or better this season, DePaul has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- The Blue Demons set a season high for field goal percentage (52.8).
- The last time DePaul had a field goal percentage of 52.8 percent or higher was Mar 03, 2012 against Seton Hall.
- DePaul has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 14 games.
- The top two scorers (Cleveland Melvin and Brandon Young) accounted for 49.3 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Charles McKinney and Worrel Clahar) accounted for 44.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Cleveland Melvin has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 29 games this season.
- Brandon Young has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Young had a career high with a 88 percent field goal percentage.
- Cleveland Melvin has three straight double-digit point games.
- Charles McKinney had career highs with 13 points and seven rebounds.
South Florida Game Notes
- Martino Brock recorded a team season high in steals with five.
- The top two scorers (Toarlyn Fitzpatrick and Victor Rudd) accounted for 42.1 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Toarlyn Fitzpatrick and Martino Brock) accounted for 46.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Toarlyn Fitzpatrick has led the team in scoring five times and in rebounding 10 times in 28 games this season.
- Toarlyn Fitzpatrick set a career high with five three-pointers.
- Victor Rudd has three straight double-digit point games.
- Martino Brock set a career high with five steals.
|-||D. Robertson Jr.||3||0||1||0||0||0||0|