(11-18, 4-7 away)
South Florida 83
(11-17, 9-8 home)
Venue: Sun Dome
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, March 03, 2013
||C Melvin 18
||C McKinney 7
||W Clahar 6
||T Fitzpatrick 19
||T Fitzpatrick 8
||A Collins 4
South Florida came out on top against DePaul 83-73 in conference play on Sunday, Mar. 3. Toarlyn Fitzpatrick played brilliantly for the Bulls and got a game-high 19 points (8 Reb 3 Blk), shooting 5 of 8 from three-point range. Martino Brock also had an outstanding game, scoring 13 points and adding six rebounds (5 Stl 3 Ast). For the Blue Demons, Charles McKinney finished with a career-high 13 points and seven rebounds. South Florida (11-17, 2-14 Big East) takes on Connecticut (19-9, 9-7 Big East) on Wednesday, Mar. 6 on their home court.
South Florida Game Notes
- The last time USF started the season 11-17 was 2007.
- USF beat the spread by 6.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Bulls have beaten the spread.
- The Bulls have won 78 percent of the time this season (7-2) after recording 14 or more assists.
- This season South Florida has won 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Martino Brock plays 33 minutes or more.
- The Bulls set season highs for field goal percentage (54.4), three-pointers (nine), and three-point percentage (52.9).
- The last time USF had a three-point percentage of 52.9 percent or higher was Nov 12, 2011 against Vermont.
- South Florida has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 10 games.
- Martino Brock recorded a team season high in steals with five.
- The top two scorers (Toarlyn Fitzpatrick and Victor Rudd) accounted for 42.1 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Toarlyn Fitzpatrick and Martino Brock) accounted for 46.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Toarlyn Fitzpatrick has led the team in scoring five times and in rebounding 10 times in 28 games this season.
- Toarlyn Fitzpatrick had a career high with five three-pointers.
- Victor Rudd has three straight double-digit point games.
- Martino Brock had a career high with five steals.
DePaul Game Notes
- This loss extended the Blue Demons losing streak to four games.
- The top two scorers (Cleveland Melvin and Brandon Young) accounted for 49.3 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Charles McKinney and Worrel Clahar) accounted for 44.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Cleveland Melvin has led the team in scoring 12 times in 29 games this season.
- Brandon Young has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Young set a career high with a 88 percent field goal percentage.
- Cleveland Melvin has three straight double-digit point games.
- Charles McKinney set career highs with 13 points and seven rebounds.
|-||D. Robertson Jr.||3||0||1||0||0||0||0|