On Sunday, Mar. 3, Siena was trounced by Iona 80-61 in conference play. Siena fell way behind at halftime, 38-21, and was never able to get back in it. The Saints remain winless against Iona this season at 0-2. The Saints got a double-double out of Davis Martens with 13 points and 10 rebounds. O.D Anosike also had a solid game, scoring a game-high 17 points and adding eight rebounds. David Laury finished with 13 points and seven rebounds (5 Ast 4 Stl) for the Gaels.
Siena Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:55 left to go.
- The Saints have lost 93 percent of the time this season (1-14) after having a three-point percentage of 32.0 percent or worse.
- Siena has lost 87 percent of the time this season (2-13) after recording 11 or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition records 80 or more total points this season, Siena has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.0 percent or better this season, Siena has lost 100 percent of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition records 11 or more steals this season, Siena has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- The Saints set a season high for turnovers (20).
- Siena has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past nine games.
- The top two scorers (O.D Anosike and Davis Martens) accounted for 49.1 percent of the points.
- Davis Martens accounted for 31.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- O.D Anosike has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 30 games this season.
- O.D Anosike has four straight double-digit point games.
- Davis Martens recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Davis Martens has three straight double-digit point games.
- Davis Martens recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
Iona Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (Taaj Ridley and David Laury) accounted for 47.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Lamont Jones has led the team in scoring 22 times in 30 games this season.
- Taaj Ridley has led the team in rebounding seven times in 30 games this season.
- Lamont Jones has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- Taaj Ridley has three straight double-digit point games.
- Taaj Ridley set career highs with seven field goals made and five offensive rebounds.