(7-23, 2-13 away)
(17-13, 12-3 home)
Venue: Hynes Athletic Center
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, March 03, 2013
||O Anosike 17
||D Martens 10
||T Burdine 4
||L Jones 16
||T Ridley 9
||T Sledge 5
Iona trounced Siena 80-61 in MAAC play on Sunday, Mar. 3. The game was never in question, with Iona taking an insurmountable 38-21 lead into the locker room at halftime. With a record of 2-0, the Gaels stay undefeated against Siena this season. The Gaels got the win with 13 points and seven rebounds (5 Ast 4 Stl) from David Laury. Taaj Ridley also had a solid game, scoring 14 points and adding nine rebounds. Davis Martens recorded a double-double for the Saints on 13 points and 10 rebounds.
Iona Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:55 left to go.
- Iona beat the spread by two points. That makes the 13th time this season the Gaels have beaten the spread.
- Iona has won every game this season (9-0) when its field goal percentage has been 50.0 percent or better.
- The Gaels have won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) after recording 33 or more field goals made.
- Iona has won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) after holding an opponent to under 32.0 percent three-point percentage.
- Iona has won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) when opponents record 32 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Iona has won 80 percent of the time (12-3) when Lamont Jones has four assists or more.
- The Gaels set a season high for assists (25).
- The last time Iona recorded at least 25 assists was Feb 26, 2012 against St. Peter's.
- Iona set a season low for free throws made (six).
- The Gaels have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past seven games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Iona has a 11.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two rebounders (Taaj Ridley and David Laury) accounted for 47.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Lamont Jones has led the team in scoring in 22 out of 30 games this season.
- Taaj Ridley has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 30 games this season.
- Lamont Jones has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- Taaj Ridley has three straight double-digit point games.
- Taaj Ridley had career highs with seven field goals made and five offensive rebounds.
Siena Game Notes
- The top two scorers (O.D Anosike and Davis Martens) accounted for 49.1 percent of the points.
- Davis Martens accounted for 31.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- O.D Anosike has led the team in scoring 11 times in 30 games this season.
- O.D Anosike has four straight double-digit point games.
- Davis Martens recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Davis Martens has three straight double-digit point games.
- Davis Martens recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.