(21-10, 10-6 away)
Stony Brook 75
(23-6, 11-1 home)
Venue: Pritchard Gymnasium
2:00PM ET / 11:00AM PT, March 03, 2013
||M Black 17
||G Johnson 6
||P Hooley 6
||C Puriefoy 17
||T Brenton 7
||T Brenton 7
On Sunday, Mar. 3, Stony Brook took on Albany and topped the Great Danes 75-70 in conference action. With the win, the Seawolves remain unbeaten against Albany this season at 2-0. Tommy Brenton paced the Seawolves and put up six points and seven rebounds. Marcus Rouse had eight points (4 Ast 3 Stl). Jacob Iati finished with a game-high 17 points for the Great Danes, making 5 of 8 from three-point range.
Stony Brook Game Notes
- The win over Albany extended the Stony Brook winning streak to six games.
- The Seawolves have won four close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Stony Brook is 21-28 in close games.
- The Seawolves have won every game this season (8-0) after recording 75 or more total points.
- Stony Brook has won every game this season (6-0) when its field goal percentage has been 51.1 percent or better.
- Stony Brook has won 81 percent of the time this season (13-3) after committing 13 or fewer turnovers.
- STKNY has won 85 percent of the time this season (11-2) when opponents record two or fewer blocks.
- This season Stony Brook has won 84 percent of the time (16-3) when Jameel Warney has 10 points or more, 72 percent of the time (13-5) when Tommy Brenton plays 32 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Marcus Rouse has three steals or more.
- The Seawolves set a season high for three-point percentage (77.8).
- STKNY set a season low for rebounds (22).
- The Seawolves have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past five games.
- Tommy Brenton accounted for 31.8 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Tommy Brenton has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 29 games this season.
- Marcus Rouse had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- Jameel Warney has five straight double-digit point games.
Albany Game Notes
- The Great Danes have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Albany is 26-35 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Jacob Iati and Mike Black) accounted for 48.5 percent of the points.
- Jacob Iati has led the team in scoring nine times in 31 games this season.
- Sam Rowley has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Luke Devlin.
- This was the first foul out of the season for John Puk.