(12-17, 5-12 away)
Loyola (MD) 63
(21-10, 13-3 home)
Venue: Reitz Arena
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, March 03, 2013
||R Brown 14
||R Brown 8
||E Andujar 3
||E Etherly 30
||D Cormier 7
||R Olson 4
Loyola (MD) squared off with Manhattan on Sunday, Mar. 3 and slipped by the Jaspers 63-61 in MAAC action. With the win, the Greyhounds stay unbeaten against Manhattan this season at 2-0. Erik Etherly put up his third straight game with 23 points or more for the Greyhounds, scoring a career-high 30 points on 61.1 percent shooting in 38 minutes. The Greyhounds got the win with a career-high 30 points and four rebounds from Erik Etherly. Dylon Cormier had 14 points and added seven rebounds. For the Jaspers, Donovan Kates got 11 points and eight rebounds.
Loyola (MD) Game Notes
- The Greyhounds have won eight close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Loyola (MD) is 32-28 in close games.
- The Greyhounds have won every game this season (7-0) after recording 21 or more free throws made.
- Loyola (MD) has won 88 percent of the time this season (14-2) when its field goal percentage has been 44.4 percent or better.
- LMDU has won every game this season (9-0) when opponents record 28 or fewer rebounds.
- LMDU has won 82 percent of the time this season (14-3) after holding an opponent to under 30.8 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Loyola (MD) has won 82 percent of the time (18-4) when Dylon Cormier has 14 points or more, 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Erik Etherly plays 38 minutes or more, and 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Robert Olson has four assists or more.
- LMDU set a season low for blocks (one).
- Loyola (MD) has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 14 games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--LMDU has a 7.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Erik Etherly recorded a team season high in points with 30, field goals made with 11, and free throws attempted with 15.
- Erik Etherly accounted for 47.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Dylon Cormier and Erik Etherly) accounted for 40.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Erik Etherly has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 31 games this season.
- Dylon Cormier has led the team in rebounding in three out of 31 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Erik Etherly's career.
- Erik Etherly has three straight 20+ point games.
- Erik Etherly had career highs with 30 points and 11 field goals made.
Manhattan Game Notes
- The Jaspers have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Manhattan is 25-35 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Rhamel Brown and Donovan Kates) accounted for 40.9 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Donovan Kates and Rhamel Brown) accounted for 57.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Rhamel Brown has led the team in scoring eight times in 29 games this season.
- Donovan Kates set a career high with eight rebounds.
- Mohamed Koita set career highs with a 100 percent field goal percentage and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Michael Alvarado.