(12-17, 5-12 away)
Loyola (MD) 63
(21-10, 13-3 home)
Venue: Reitz Arena
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, March 03, 2013
||R Brown 14
||R Brown 8
||E Andujar 3
||E Etherly 30
||D Cormier 7
||R Olson 4
On Sunday, Mar. 3, Manhattan suffered a heartbreaking loss against Loyola (MD) 63-61 in conference play. With the loss, the Jaspers remain winless against Loyola (MD) this season at 0-2. The Jaspers got 11 points and eight rebounds from Donovan Kates. Rhamel Brown also had a solid game, scoring a team-high 14 points and adding eight rebounds. Erik Etherly put up his third straight game with 23 points or more for the Greyhounds, scoring a career-high 30 points on 61.1 percent shooting in 38 minutes. Erik Etherly got a career-high 30 points and four rebounds for the Greyhounds.
Manhattan Game Notes
- The last time Manhattan started the season 12-17 was 1997.
- Manhattan beat the spread by five points. That makes the 15th time this season the Jaspers have beaten the spread.
- The Jaspers have been unlucky six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Manhattan is 25-35 in close games.
- Manhattan has lost 89 percent of the time this season (1-8) after recording 28 or fewer rebounds.
- Manhattan has lost 83 percent of the time this season (1-5) after committing 21 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 44.4 percent or better this season, Manhattan has lost 91 percent of the time (1-10).
- When the opposition records 14 or more assists this season, Manhattan has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- When the opposition records 21 or more free throws made this season, Manhattan has lost 86 percent of the time (1-6).
- The top two scorers (Rhamel Brown and Donovan Kates) accounted for 40.9 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Donovan Kates and Rhamel Brown) accounted for 57.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Rhamel Brown has led the team in scoring in eight out of 29 games this season.
- Donovan Kates had a career high with eight rebounds.
- Mohamed Koita had career highs with a 100 percent field goal percentage and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Michael Alvarado.
Loyola (MD) Game Notes
- The Greyhounds won this one, but have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Loyola (MD) is 32-28 in close games.
- Erik Etherly recorded a team season high in points with 30, field goals made with 11, and free throws attempted with 15.
- Erik Etherly accounted for 47.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Dylon Cormier and Erik Etherly) accounted for 40.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Erik Etherly has led the team in scoring 11 times in 31 games this season.
- Dylon Cormier has led the team in rebounding three times in 31 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Erik Etherly's career.
- Erik Etherly has three straight 20+ point games.
- Erik Etherly set career highs with 30 points and 11 field goals made.