NC State vs. Georgia Tech: Full Game Preview
|NC State||C Leslie 15.2||R Howell 11.1||L Brown 7.0|
|Georgia Tech||M Georges-Hunt 10.6||R Carter 6.9||M Udofia 3.0|
NC State heads to Hank McCamish Pavilion on Sunday to take on Georgia Tech. It gets started at 6 p.m. EST and it can be seen on ESPN U. The Wolfpack beat the Yellow Jackets 83-70 on Jan. 9 and are 5-3 against them over the last four years.
NC State is fifth in the conference and Georgia Tech is eigth. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
In an 82-64 dismantling of Boston College on Feb. 27, Rodney Purvis put up 21 points for the Wolfpack. While contributing 2.5 rebounds per game, he also scores 9 points per game. For the Yellow Jackets, Brandon Reed finished with 17 points and 5 rebounds in the 78-68 win over Maryland on Feb. 27. He contributes 2.7 rebounds per game in addition to his 5.2 points per game.
There is a single key statistical area where NC State can exploit Georgia Tech, scoring, where the Wolfpack have an edge over the Yellow Jackets, 78 points per game to 64 points per game.
Georgia Tech StatSmack
- NC State is ranked higher than Georgia Tech in the ACC (No. 5 vs. No. 8).
- NC State has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Georgia Tech ($28,218 vs. $36,672).
- Boom! NC State crushed Georgia Tech by 13 points the last time they played (Jan 09, 2013).
- NC State has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than Georgia Tech this season (three vs. one).
- NC State has a better conference record than Georgia Tech this season (9-6 vs. 5-10).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? NC State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (974 to 935) than Georgia Tech, per the NCAA.
- NC State has a potent offense, scoring more points (78.3 per game vs. 64.0 per game) than Georgia Tech this season.
- NC State has a much better Kiplinger Out-of-State Ranking than Georgia Tech (No. 13 vs. No. 50).
- The NC State assist leader (Lorenzo Brown, 182 assists) has more assists than the Georgia Tech assist leader (Mfon Udofia, 82 assists).
- That must sting. NC State has blown out Georgia Tech by 20 points or more on three occasions since 1996.
|D+||Thomas de Thaey||9||5||2||0||0||0||0|
|D||S. Poole, Jr.||8||2||2||0||0||0||0|