Washington State vs. Washington: Full Game Preview
|Washington State||B Motum 17.9||B Motum 6.2||R Woolridge 2.8|
|Washington||C Wilcox 17.1||A N`Diaye 9.5||A Gaddy 4.3|
On Sunday, Washington State heads to Alaska Airlines Arena at Hec Edmundson Pavilion to take on Washington. Tipoff is at 3:30 p.m. EST and you can see it on FSN or ROOT. The Cougars fell to the Huskies 68-63 on Jan. 5 and are 2-8 against them over the last four years.
Washington State is currently in 12th place in the conference and Washington is in eigth.
In their last outing, despite 20 points and 5 rebounds from Brock Motum, the Cougars fell to Arizona 73-56 on Feb. 23. An integral part of the team, he leads the way in points (17.9), rebounds (6.2), and blocks (0.9). In a 68-59 victory over Arizona State on Feb. 23, Abdul Gaddy put up 13 points and 5 rebounds for the Huskies. He is averaging 11.3 points per game and leads the team in assists with 4.3 per game. A key area of strength for Washington is offensive rebounding percentage at 37.6 percent, which ranks first in their conference (and 27th nationally).
- The Washington State scoring leader (Brock Motum, 500 points) has more points than the Washington scoring leader (C.J Wilcox, 478 points).
- Pullman isn't as congested as Seattle (population is significantly lower).
- Washington State has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Washington ($31,111 vs. $36,342).
- Washington State has come back to win after being down at half against Washington five times since 2001.
- Washington State has an average margin of victory of 10 over Washington in 25 wins since 1980.
- Brock Motum is ranked 4th in the Pac-12 in points.
|C||Shawn Kemp Jr||18||6||3||0||0||0||1|