|Siena||O Anosike 12.8||O Anosike 11.5||E Hymes 3.7|
|Iona||L Jones 23.4||D Laury 10.3||L Jones 3.6|
On Sunday, Siena heads to Hynes Athletic Center to take on Iona. Tipoff occurs at 2 p.m. EST. The Saints fell to the Gaels 66-62 on Jan. 4 and are 6-4 against them over the last four years.
Siena is currently in ninth place in the MAAC and Iona is in fifth place.
The Saints fell 76-74 to Marist on Mar. 1. Trenity Burdine finished with 17 points in the loss. He is putting up 8.3 points per game while also averaging 3.8 rebounds per game. For the Gaels, Lamont Jones finished with 35 points in the 90-86 win over Loyola (MD) on Mar. 1. With 23.4 points per game and 3.6 assists per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
There is one important category where Iona has a statistical edge, scoring, where the Gaels have the upper hand over the Saints, 81 points per game to 59 points per game. Iona will hope to exploit their strengths, which include: turnover percentage at 16.7 percent and effective field goal percentage at 52.5 percent.
- Siena has a better scoring defense (68.0 allowed per game vs. 76.7 allowed per game) than Iona this season.
- Siena players are more experienced than Iona players (11,951 minutes played vs. 10,491 minutes played).
- Imoh Silas is ranked 7th in the MAAC in blocks.
- Siena has a better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (58.5 percent to 55.4 percent).
- AP voters think more highly of Siena and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Iona (eight vs. zero).
- Siena is better under pressure, and has defeated Iona in nine out of the last 16 games decided by five points or fewer.
- Siena is better at defending the three (33.4 percent allowed vs. 37.6 percent allowed) than Iona this season.
- O.D Anosike is ranked 1st nationally in rebounds and 9th in the MAAC in blocks.
- Evan Hymes is ranked 10th in the MAAC in three-pointers and 5th in the MAAC in assists.
- Siena has an average margin of victory of 10 over Iona in 30 wins since 1980.