|Florida State||M Snaer 14.3||T Shannon 6.3||M Snaer 2.5|
|North Carolina||J Michael McAdoo 14.5||J Michael McAdoo 8.1||M Paige 4.4|
On Sunday, Florida State visits Dean E. Smith Center to take on North Carolina. It starts at 2 p.m. EST and you can catch it on CBS. The Seminoles lost to the Tar Heels 77-72 on Jan. 12 and are 4-4 against them over the last four years.
Florida State is currently in seventh place in the ACC and North Carolina is in third place.
In a 76-62 win over Wake Forest on Feb. 26, Michael Snaer put up 24 points and 5 rebounds for the Seminoles. He paces the team in points per game with 14.3, and assists per game with 2.5. In a 68-59 victory over Clemson on Feb. 28, Reggie Bullock put up 12 points and 9 rebounds for the Tar Heels. He contributes 6.1 rebounds per game in addition to his 14 points per game.
Analyzing the differences between the teams, North Carolina has an edge in three important areas. The Tar Heels have an advantage over the Seminoles when it comes to assists, 17 per game to 11 per game. North Carolina also has an advantage in rebounding, 40 per game to 31 per game. And lastly, the Tar Heels have the edge in scoring, 77 points per game to 67 points per game.
At the same time, the Seminoles have shown that they have the upper hand over the Tar Heels in blocked shots, with 5 per game to their 3 per game.
North Carolina StatSmack
- The Florida State blocks leader (Kiel Turpin, 36 blocks) has more blocks than the North Carolina blocks leader (Desmond Hubert, 25 blocks).
- Florida State has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than North Carolina ($29,953 vs. $35,614).
- Florida State has an average margin of victory of 10 over North Carolina in 11 wins since 1984.
- Florida State is a better free-throw-shooting team (72.5 percent vs. 65.3 percent) than North Carolina this season.
- Okaro White is ranked 10th in the ACC in blocks.
- Michael Snaer is ranked 10th in the ACC in points and 7th in the ACC in three-pointers.
|C-||T. Whisnant II||19||6||1||1||1||0||0|