Utah Valley University squared off with Chicago State on Saturday, Mar. 2 and came out on top against the Cougars 76-69 in conference action. With the win, the Wolverines tie the season series against Chicago State at 1-1. The Wolverines were led by Ben Aird, who got 23 points and eight rebounds (4 Stl 3 Blk). Jason Johnson had a season-high 24 points and added five rebounds. For the Cougars, Jamere Dismukes got a season-high 25 points (6 Ast 3 Stl) on 58.8 percent shooting. Utah Valley University (14-15, 3-5 Great West) gets Cal State Bakersfield (12-16) at home on Saturday, Mar. 9.
Utah Valley University Game Notes
- The Wolverines have won every game this season (9-0) after recording 76 or more total points.
- Utah Valley University has won 83 percent of the time this season (10-2) when its field goal percentage has been 46.2 percent or better.
- This season Utah Valley University has won 88 percent of the time (7-1) when Holton Hunsaker plays 38 minutes or more, 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Ben Aird has eight field goals made or more, and 90 percent of the time (9-1) when Nick Thompson has 10 rebounds or more.
- The Wolverines set a season high for free throws made (22).
- The last time UVU recorded at least 22 free throws made was Mar 09, 2012 against New Jersey Tech.
- Utah Valley University has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--UVU has a 12.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Jason Johnson accounted for 31.5 percent of the team's points.
- Nick Thompson accounted for 30.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jason Johnson has led the team in scoring in three out of 30 games this season.
- Nick Thompson has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 30 games this season.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Jason Johnson's career.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Ben Aird's career.
- Ben Aird has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Holton Hunsaker has three straight double-digit point games.
- Nick Thompson recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
Chicago State Game Notes
- This loss extended the Cougars losing streak to four games.
- Nate Duhon recorded a team season high in points with 21 and field goals made with nine.
- Jamere Dismukes tallied a team season high in points with 25 and field goals made with 10.
- Jamere Dismukes accounted for 36.2 percent of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more points (35) than the starters (34).
- Jamere Dismukes has led the team in scoring six times in 29 games this season.
- Matt Ross has led the team in rebounding 14 times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Nate Duhon's career.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Jamere Dismukes's career.