|DePaul||B Young 16.7||C Melvin 7.3||B Young 4.6|
|South Florida||V Rudd 11.7||V Rudd 7.1||A Collins 6.3|
DePaul goes up against South Florida on Sunday. Tipoff occurs at 2 p.m. EST and you can see it on BEN, MASN or BHSN. The Blue Demons are 0-7 against the Bulls over the last four years. They lost 75-59 the last time they played (Jan. 22, 2012).
South Florida is in 15th place in the Big East and needs to catch DePaul, who is currently in 14th place.
In spite of 22 points and 6 assists from Brandon Young, the Blue Demons came up short 79-58 against Louisville on Feb. 27. An integral part of the team, he leads the way in points (16.7), assists (4.6), and steals (1.6). For the Bulls, Victor Rudd put up 16 points and 7 rebounds in the 64-44 loss to Pittsburgh on Feb. 27. He leads the team in points with 11.7 per game and rebounds with 7.1 per game.
South Florida StatSmack
- DePaul is a better shooting team (43.3 percent vs. 38.6 percent) than South Florida this season.
- The DePaul scoring leader (Brandon Young, 468 points) has more points than the South Florida scoring leader (Victor Rudd, 303 points).
- DePaul is ranked higher than South Florida in the Big East (No. 14 vs. No. 15).
- Cleveland Melvin is ranked 8th in the Big East in points and 7th in the Big East in rebounds.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? DePaul currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (984 to 948) than South Florida, per the NCAA.
- The DePaul steals leader (Brandon Young, 45 steals) has more steals than the South Florida steals leader (Anthony Collins, 36 steals).
- Donnavan Kirk is ranked 6th in the Big East in blocks.
- Brandon Young is ranked 6th in the Big East in points, 7th in the Big East in assists, and 9th in the Big East in steals.
- The DePaul basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than South Florida (67 percent vs. 50 percent).
- The DePaul blocks leader (Donnavan Kirk, 48 blocks) has more blocks than the South Florida blocks leader (Toarlyn Fitzpatrick, 21 blocks).
|D||D. Robertson Jr.||13||2||3||0||0||1||1|