Nicholls State 64
(8-19, 4-14 away)
Texas A&M-CC 68
(6-21, 4-9 home)
Venue: American Bank Center
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, March 02, 2013
||F Hunter 25
||F Hunter 9
||F Hunter 3
||W Nelson 23
||W Nelson 12
||J Jordan 9
On Saturday, Mar. 2, Nicholls State took on Texas A&M-Corpus Christi and was beaten at home by the Islanders 68-64 in conference play. With the loss, the Colonels even the season series against Texas A&M-Corpus Christi at 1-1. The Colonels got a game-high 25 points and nine rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl) from Fred Hunter. Shane Rillieux got four points and added four rebounds. William Nelson registered a double-double for the Islanders on a team-high 23 points and 12 rebounds. Nicholls State (8-19, 7-9 SLC) takes on Lamar (3-26, 1-15 SLC) on Thursday, Mar. 7 on their home court.
Nicholls State Game Notes
- The Colonels have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Nicholls State is 21-27 in close games.
- Nicholls State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-10) after recording 12 or fewer free throws made.
- Nicholls State has lost 88 percent of the time this season (2-14) after committing 14 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 51.9 percent or better this season, Nicholls State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition records 17 or more assists this season, Nicholls State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 37.5 percent or better this season, Nicholls State has lost 85 percent of the time (2-11).
- Nicholls State has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the fourth loss of the season where the Colonels opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Fred Hunter accounted for 39.0 percent of the team's points.
- Fred Hunter accounted for 31.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Fred Hunter has led the team in scoring 16 times and in rebounding 17 times in 27 games this season.
- This marks the 30th 20-point game of Fred Hunter's career.
- Dantrell Thomas has three straight double-digit point games.
- Linden Smith-Hyde had career highs with a 100 percent field goal percentage and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- Shane Rillieux had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Game Notes
- The Islanders won this one, but have lost seven times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi is 24-27 in close games.
- William Nelson accounted for 33.8 percent of the team's points.
- William Nelson accounted for 40.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- William Nelson has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 15 times in 27 games this season.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of William Nelson's career.
- William Nelson recorded a double-double. It was the fifth of his career.