Florida State vs. North Carolina: Full Game Preview
|Florida State||M Snaer 14.3||T Shannon 6.3||M Snaer 2.5|
|North Carolina||J Michael McAdoo 14.5||J Michael McAdoo 8.1||M Paige 4.4|
North Carolina welcomes Florida State to Dean E. Smith Center on Sunday. Tipoff is at 2 p.m. EST and you can see it on CBS. The Tar Heels defeated the Seminoles 77-72 on Jan. 12 and are 4-4 against them over the past four years.
North Carolina is currently in third place in the conference and Florida State is in seventh.
The Tar Heels got past Clemson 68-59 on Feb. 28 with the help of 16 points from Dexter Strickland. He tallies 8 points per game and also adds 4 assists per game. For the Seminoles, Michael Snaer finished with 24 points and 5 rebounds in the 76-62 win over Wake Forest on Feb. 26. He leads the team in points with 14.3 per game and assists with 2.5 per game.
North Carolina has an advantage in three key statistical areas. The Tar Heels have an edge in assists, 17 per game to 11 per game. In addition, North Carolina has an advantage in rebounding, 40 per game to 31 per game. Finally, the Tar Heels have the upper hand in scoring as well, 77 points per game to 67 points per game.
On the other side, the Seminoles outperform the Tar Heels in blocked shots, 5 per game to 3 per game. When considering the Four Factors, Florida State performs well in free throw rate at 41.1 percent. This ranks second in the conference and 46th in the country.
Florida State StatSmack
- P.J. Hairston is ranked 6th in the ACC in three-pointers.
- North Carolina has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Florida State (eight vs. four).
- The North Carolina steals leader (James Michael McAdoo, 43 steals) has more steals than the Florida State steals leader (Okaro White, 30 steals).
- North Carolina has a potent offense, scoring more points (77.7 per game vs. 67.7 per game) than Florida State this season.
- North Carolina has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than Florida State ($14,262 vs. $19,364).
- North Carolina has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Florida State according to Kiplinger (74 percent vs. 47 percent).
- Over the past 10 years, North Carolina has had more players drafted by the NBA than Florida State (16 vs. nine).
- Dexter Strickland is ranked 6th in the ACC in assists and 9th in the ACC in steals.
- The North Carolina assist leader (Marcus Paige, 119 assists) has more assists than the Florida State assist leader (Michael Snaer, 67 assists).
- Diaper Dandies love North Carolina. North Carolina has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Florida State (64 vs. 10).
- North Carolina has been the favorite 28 out of the last 34 times.
|C-||T. Whisnant II||19||6||1||1||1||0||0|