South Alabama 53
(17-11, 7-6 away)
(11-20, 9-8 home)
Venue: Trojan Arena
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, March 02, 2013
||A Rubit 13
||J Carter 13
||T Anderson 2
||E Jones 22
||E Jones 8
||E Jones 4
South Alabama squared off with Troy on Saturday, Mar. 2 and got a win on the road against the Trojans 53-49 in Sun Belt play. The Jaguars remain unbeaten against Troy this season at 2-0. Javier Carter earned a double-double in the win with 10 points and 13 rebounds. Augustine Rubit got a double-double as well with a team-high 13 points and 10 rebounds. For the Trojans, Emil Jones got a game-high 22 points and eight rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl).
South Alabama Game Notes
- South Alabama started 17-11 during the 2011 and 2008 seasons (since 1996).
- USA beat the spread by three points. That makes the 13th time this season the Jaguars have beaten the spread.
- The Jaguars have won nine close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, South Alabama is 42-22 in close games.
- South Alabama has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) when its field goal percentage has been 43.1 percent or better.
- The Jaguars have won 75 percent of the time this season (9-3) after recording six or more blocks.
- USA has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record eight or fewer free throws made.
- This season South Alabama has won 89 percent of the time (8-1) when Antoine Allen has 12 points or more and 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Javier Carter has five blocks or more.
- USA set a season low for free throws made (four).
- The Jaguars have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past four games.
- This is the second win of the season where the Jaguars came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Augustine Rubit and Antoine Allen) accounted for 47.1 percent of the points.
- Javier Carter accounted for 38.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Augustine Rubit has led the team in scoring in 22 out of 28 games this season.
- Javier Carter has led the team in rebounding in four out of 28 games this season.
- Javier Carter recorded the sixth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Javier Carter has three straight double-digit point games.
- Javier Carter recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and fifth of his career.
- Javier Carter had a career high with 13 rebounds.
- Augustine Rubit recorded the 50th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Augustine Rubit recorded a double-double. It was his 16th this season and 42nd of his career.
- Dre Conner had a career high with three three-pointers.
- Antoine Allen has three straight double-digit point games.
Troy Game Notes
- The Trojans have lost eight times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Troy is 29-36 in close games.
- This loss extended the Trojans losing streak to five games.
- Emil Jones recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 18.
- Emil Jones accounted for 44.8 percent of the team's points.
- Emil Jones has led the team in scoring eight times and in rebounding 12 times in 31 games this season.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Emil Jones's career.
|D||B. Stevens II||19||2||0||0||1||0||1|