Southeast MO State 84
(16-15, 7-10 away)
Murray State 68
(20-9, 11-5 home)
Venue: CFSB Center
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, March 02, 2013
|Southeast MO State
|Southeast MO State
||A Jones 20
||T Stone 7
||L Nutt 9
||I Canaan 22
||E Daniel 11
||I Canaan 3
Although they were big favorites on Saturday, Mar. 2, Murray State lost in a stunner to Southeast Missouri State 84-68 in conference play. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. Isaiah Canaan put up a game-high 22 points in a losing effort. Ed Daniel got a double-double with 12 points and 11 rebounds. For the Redhawks, A.J. Jones finished with a team-high 20 points and six rebounds.
Murray State Game Notes
- The last time Murray State started the season 20-9 was 1996.
- Murray State has lost 78 percent of the time this season (2-7) after recording 68 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 20 or more free throws made this season, Murray State has lost 83 percent of the time (1-5).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.0 percent or better this season, Murray State has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- Murray State has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past five games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--Murray State has a 8.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Isaiah Canaan accounted for 32.3 percent of the team's points.
- Ed Daniel accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (35) than the starters (33).
- Isaiah Canaan has led the team in scoring in 24 out of 29 games this season.
- Ed Daniel has led the team in rebounding in 24 out of 29 games this season.
- This marks the 36th 20-point game of Isaiah Canaan's career.
- Isaiah Canaan has four straight 20+ point games.
- Ed Daniel recorded the 21st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Ed Daniel.
- Ed Daniel recorded a double-double. It was his 15th this season and 16th of his career.
- LaTreze Mushatt had a career high with seven offensive rebounds.
Southeast Missouri State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (A.J. Jones and Corey Wilford) accounted for 42.8 percent of the points.
- A.J. Jones has led the team in scoring three times in 31 games this season.
- Tyler Stone has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 31 games this season.
- Nick Niemczyk has three straight double-digit point games.
- Corey Wilford has four straight double-digit point games.
- Nino Johnson has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Nino Johnson.
- This marks the third 20-point game of A.J. Jones's career.
- Tyler Stone has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Tyler Stone.