(17-12, 6-10 away)
UC Riverside 68
(6-23, 5-9 home)
Venue: UC Riverside Student Recreation Center
8:15PM ET / 5:15PM PT, March 02, 2013
||L McCloud 15
||T Gill 8
||L McCloud 6
||C Patton 28
||T Johns 9
||R Smith 3
Pacific squared off with UC Riverside on Saturday, Mar. 2 and edged the Highlanders 70-68 in conference action. With the win, the Tigers remain undefeated against UC Riverside this season at 2-0. Lorenzo McCloud led the Tigers and put up a team-high 15 points and six assists. Travis Fulton had 11 points and added seven rebounds. For the Highlanders, Chris Patton got a game-high 28 points and five rebounds. Pacific (17-12, 11-5 Big West) welcomes UC Irvine (17-13, 10-6 Big West) on Thursday, Mar. 7.
Pacific Game Notes
- The last time Pacific started the season 17-12 was 2000.
- The Tigers have won five close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Pacific is 22-32 in close games.
- Pacific has won 94 percent of the time this season (16-1) when its field goal percentage has been 48.1 percent or better.
- The Tigers have won 93 percent of the time this season (13-1) after recording 70 or more total points.
- Pacific has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) when opponents record 10 or fewer free throws made.
- This season Pacific has won 83 percent of the time (10-2) when Travis Fulton has 11 points or more and 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Lorenzo McCloud has five field goals made or more.
- The top two rebounders (Tony Gill and Travis Fulton) accounted for 53.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Lorenzo McCloud has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 29 games this season.
- Tony Gill has led the team in rebounding in six out of 29 games this season.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Khalil Kelley.
UC Riverside Game Notes
- The Highlanders have lost seven times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, UC Riverside is 34-24 in close games.
- This loss extended the Highlanders losing streak to three games.
- Chris Patton accounted for 41.1 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Taylor Johns and Chris Patton) accounted for 42.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Chris Patton has led the team in scoring 15 times in 29 games this season.
- Taylor Johns has led the team in rebounding three times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Chris Patton's career.
- Chris Patton has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Austin Quick.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Steven Jones.
|D||R. De Souza||15||0||1||1||1||0||2|