Utah State 46
(19-9, 7-5 away)
(17-10, 7-7 home)
Venue: College Park Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, March 02, 2013
||M Davis 15
||J Shaw 8
||J Stone 2
||K Butler 21
||J Reves 7
||S White-Miller 6
In a game where they had only six turnovers, Texas-Arlington smoked Utah State 61-46 in conference action. With a record of 2-0, the Mavericks stay unbeaten against Utah State this season. Kevin Butler played brilliantly for the Mavericks and put up a game-high 21 points, shooting 5 of 10 from three-point range. Cameron Catlett also had a solid game, scoring nine points and adding six assists. For the Aggies, Marcel Davis finished with a team-high 15 points and two rebounds. Texas-Arlington (17-10, 11-5 WAC) gets Denver (19-8, 14-2 WAC) on the road on Thursday, Mar. 7.
Texas-Arlington Game Notes
- The last time UTA started the season 17-10 was 2007.
- UTA beat the spread by 12.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Mavericks have beaten the spread.
- Texas-Arlington has won every game this season (13-0) when its field goal percentage has been 40.7 percent or better.
- The Mavericks have won every game this season (8-0) after recording 15 or more assists.
- UTA has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record seven or fewer assists.
- UTA has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after holding an opponent to under 30.4 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Texas-Arlington has won 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Karol Gruszecki has 14 points or more and 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Kevin Butler has seven field goals made or more.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--UTA has a 3.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Kevin Butler accounted for 34.4 percent of the team's points.
- Kevin Butler has led the team in scoring in eight out of 27 games this season.
- Jordan Reves has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 27 games this season.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Kevin Butler's career.
Utah State Game Notes
- Marcel Davis accounted for 32.6 percent of the team's points.
- Marcel Davis has led the team in scoring three times in 28 games this season.
- Jarred Shaw has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 28 games this season.
- TeNale Roland has three straight double-digit point games.
- Jarred Shaw has 10 straight double-digit point games.