On Sunday, Mar. 3, Cal Poly took on Hawaii and snuck past the Warriors 64-61 in Big West action. With a record of 2-0, the Mustangs stay undefeated against Hawaii this season. The Mustangs were led by Chris Eversley, who put up a game-high 25 points and four rebounds. Brian Bennett had eight points and added seven rebounds. For the Warriors, Isaac Fotu finished with a team-high 17 points and nine rebounds. This makes three wins in a row for the Mustangs. Next up for Cal Poly (15-12, 10-6 Big West) is UC Riverside (6-22, 3-12 Big West) on Thursday, Mar. 7 at home.
Cal Poly Game Notes
- Cal Poly started 15-12 during the 2011 and 2001 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Hawaii extended the Cal Poly winning streak to three games.
- Cal Poly beat the spread by seven points. That makes the 16th time this season the Mustangs have beaten the spread.
- The Mustangs have won six close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Cal Poly is 28-30 in close games.
- The Mustangs have won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) after recording 18 or more assists.
- Cal Poly has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) when its field goal percentage has been 49.0 percent or better.
- Cal Poly has won every game this season (8-0) after holding an opponent to under 40.4 percent field goal percentage.
- Cal Poly has won 77 percent of the time this season (10-3) when opponents record 61 or fewer total points.
- This season Cal Poly has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Reese Morgan has 10 points or more and 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Chris O`Brien has four assists or more.
- Chris Eversley accounted for 39.0 percent of the team's points.
- Chris Eversley has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 27 games this season.
- Brian Bennett has led the team in rebounding in six out of 27 games this season.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Chris Eversley's career.
- Chris Eversley has three straight double-digit point games.
- Chris Eversley had a career high with 11 field goals made.
- Jamal Johnson had career highs with a 100 percent field goal percentage and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
Hawaii Game Notes
- The Warriors have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Hawaii is 27-28 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Isaac Fotu and Vander Joaquim) accounted for 52.4 percent of the points.
- Vander Joaquim accounted for 35.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Isaac Fotu has led the team in scoring three times in 29 games this season.
- Vander Joaquim has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 29 games this season.
- Vander Joaquim recorded the 37th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Vander Joaquim has four straight double-digit point games.
- Vander Joaquim recorded a double-double. It was his 11th this season and 31st of his career.
- Isaac Fotu has four straight double-digit point games.
- Hauns Brereton has three straight double-digit point games.